Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-19-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Wolfsnout

Last spring I purchased 3 wolfsnout mask. I wondered how could this filter dust and still allow me to BREATHE and my glasses not to fog up. I bought one for me and my two crew. Each days end I hand washed with soap and water and hung up to dry and use again next day.
It is now Dec and the leaf dust is just about over. The Mask Have PASSED!
Warm , hot or cold day my glasses didnt fog and I have been able to BREATHE.
And my nose is clean, I mean clean, blow and clear.
With daily use and daily washing the mask are still almost like new. Just showing a little wear.
I will be purchasing 3 more next spring just for back up.
Now if they can just come up with a good over the glasses eye protector.

Looking foward to a break, but will be anxiously ready for the new season.
Yep I love grass cutn
Roger
Old 12-19-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet deal! I might have to purchase some for my crews.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-19-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Im going to order some also, it was a wet year so we didn't have much dust and I forgot to order some this year.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just started using one last week, the strap adjuster fell off already, and they are all foam very cheaply made IMHO I don't see them lasting very long waaaay over priced for what they are. If they were in the 3-7 dollar range they would be nice, but almost $30 for a foam dust mask that probably only cost $3 to make. I'm in the wrong business
1998 isuzu diesel dump 14,500gvw
2011 grandstand 60''
2009 phazer 34"
2013 gs 36'
Old 12-20-2013, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I bought myself 2 Wolfsnouts last Spring so I could swap them throughout my workday. Very pleased to say the least. They held up well from daily use and 2-3/week washing's. Comfortable to wear all day...which is what I did. About the only times I didn't wear them were right after a rain. For string-trimming & sweeping they made a huge difference. Way less dust for me plus added protection from flying debris.

Ear plugs = 100% of time
Safety glasses = 100% of time
Wolfsnout = ~95% of time
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 12-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobaum View Post
I just started using one last week, the strap adjuster fell off already, and they are all foam very cheaply made IMHO I don't see them lasting very long waaaay over priced for what they are. If they were in the 3-7 dollar range they would be nice, but almost $30 for a foam dust mask that probably only cost $3 to make. I'm in the wrong business
In fact you can rip them in half at the blink of an eye if you wanted. There is no strap adjuster to fall off. If taken care of they will last. Maybe not perfect for everyone, but the vast majority like them a lot. If your are not happy with the quality of our product or find it to be defective simply send it back for a refund.

Just the American made strap costs $1.05.. We have a $14,000 machine ( used ) to cut out our high quality American made filter foam. The medical grade colored foam for the face seal is not a stock item anywhere. Special made just for us. At a premium...in America. The food safe adhesive is made in the USA as well and is not cheap by any means. The three custom built machines that aid in making these masks, with all of its molds and dies, come in just under $400,000.00. Then there is maintenance and repairs of this equipment and, since their are only three in the world, only a few people can work on them if needed. Then someone must be specially trained to operate the machines. Then the masks must be trimmed checked and packaged. Packed and shipped. Then there is a website to maintain...insurance, accounting, advertising...to a niche market.(can get pricy)...Commercial building space, and other overhead.

Add all of that up and it comes up to much more 3 bucks.
I guess we could send our equipment to China to get them a few bucks cheaper but we all know where that would lead.

Here it is 9:15 on a Saturday night and I am still working.

I do appreciate your business, comments and the opportunity to explain why I think we have a quality affordable product. Most people on here could use these to make their day a little better.
http://www.wolfsnout.com
Old 12-29-2013, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsnout® View Post
In fact you can rip them in half at the blink of an eye if you wanted. There is no strap adjuster to fall off. If taken care of they will last. Maybe not perfect for everyone, but the vast majority like them a lot. If your are not happy with the quality of our product or find it to be defective simply send it back for a refund.

Just the American made strap costs $1.05.. We have a $14,000 machine ( used ) to cut out our high quality American made filter foam. The medical grade colored foam for the face seal is not a stock item anywhere. Special made just for us. At a premium...in America. The food safe adhesive is made in the USA as well and is not cheap by any means. The three custom built machines that aid in making these masks, with all of its molds and dies, come in just under $400,000.00. Then there is maintenance and repairs of this equipment and, since their are only three in the world, only a few people can work on them if needed. Then someone must be specially trained to operate the machines. Then the masks must be trimmed checked and packaged. Packed and shipped. Then there is a website to maintain...insurance, accounting, advertising...to a niche market.(can get pricy)...Commercial building space, and other overhead.

Add all of that up and it comes up to much more 3 bucks.
I guess we could send our equipment to China to get them a few bucks cheaper but we all know where that would lead.

Here it is 9:15 on a Saturday night and I am still working.

I do appreciate your business, comments and the opportunity to explain why I think we have a quality affordable product. Most people on here could use these to make their day a little better.
http://www.wolfsnout.com
I like this statement.

Strangely enough people in general and even educated people in BUSINESS cannot comprehend the cost of doing business.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My last day of Fall cleanups I found I had forgotten my Wolfsnouts at home. So I dug out a fresh/new N-95 paper mask from behind my truckseat. Was very disappointed as the comfort level is not even close to my Wolfshouts. When these paper masks get wet from use (especially on humid days) they 'accordion' with every breath and I MUST switch to another fresh N-95 mask. This NEVER happens with Wolfsnouts. Kudos!!
~ Josh Billings
Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do like the wolf snouts a lot but I wish the strap was shorter so it would fit a little tighter on me.. I have three of them and will always keep one...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just staple a small pinch of the strap together to effectively make it a tad shorter.
~ Josh Billings