Register free!

Old 08-19-2011, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

npp 123

Bill what is the dry time that I need for this as I want to put it down tomorrow but we might have rain on and off all day. Please let me know
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-20-2011, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R & R Yard Designs View Post
Bill what is the dry time that I need for this as I want to put it down tomorrow but we might have rain on and off all day. Please let me know
Posted via Mobile Device
depending on the tip you spray with at 2 gallons per 1000 application rate it will dry pretty quick

the mode of action is, it hydrolyzes fungi on contact, it breaks down its exoskeleton and turns it to water. It also enter the leaf of the plant and is taken up by a receptor that signals that the plant is under attack by a disease, the plant in turn does something called SAR systemic acquired resistance, the plant begins to build its defenses (hormone production) against the attack. So it knocks out the pathogen and the plant builds its immune system, pretty cool
Old 08-20-2011, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So in short yes. I should get to spraying.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-20-2011, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok how long can it sit in the tank as it is going to pour in 20 min.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-20-2011, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
depending on the tip you spray with at 2 gallons per 1000 application rate it will dry pretty quick

the mode of action is, it hydrolyzes fungi on contact, it breaks down its exoskeleton and turns it to water. It also enter the leaf of the plant and is taken up by a receptor that signals that the plant is under attack by a disease, the plant in turn does something called SAR systemic acquired resistance, the plant begins to build its defenses (hormone production) against the attack. So it knocks out the pathogen and the plant builds its immune system, pretty cool
Great job explaining the Mode of Action... are you able to classify this as 'fungicide'??? I would think this product is favorable to chemical poisons or sterilants in that its residual effect is an immune system booster...

Next question of course is, What are the effects on beneficial organisms in the soil, and on the leaf???
Old 08-20-2011, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Great job explaining the Mode of Action... are you able to classify this as 'fungicide'??? I would think this product is favorable to chemical poisons or sterilants in that its residual effect is an immune system booster...

Next question of course is, What are the effects on beneficial organisms in the soil, and on the leaf???
ICT NPP is classified by the EPA as a Minimum Risk Pesticide and is exempt from registration under FIFRA regulation 25(b). http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopes...s/25b_list.htm
NPP does a good job controlling disease it is labeled for.

It can have negative effects on beneficials and a followup treatment with soil inoculants is a good idea.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 08-20-2011, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
ICT NPP is classified by the EPA as a Minimum Risk Pesticide and is exempt from registration under FIFRA regulation 25(b). http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopes...s/25b_list.htm
NPP does a good job controlling disease it is labeled for.

It can have negative effects on beneficials and a followup treatment with soil inoculants is a good idea.
Good to know...
Old 08-21-2011, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't bill get so slap happy when he talks organic. I love it. And thanks bill for all the help. Your a great guy no matter what your wife says.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-21-2011, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
the mode of action is, it hydrolyzes fungi on contact, it breaks down its exoskeleton and turns it to water.
Come on Bill.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Come on Bill.
Spray it on red thread, pythium or a mushroom for that matter you can stand there and watch it disappear, try it yourself, I'll even send you a sample