Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-30-2002, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

leaf removals

I forgot to ask but here goes. I need to know how to figure prices on clean-up of leaves. I know some of you know but will you tell.

Thanks again
Old 10-30-2002, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

search....and learn where to put your posts...these are in the wrong forum
Old 10-30-2002, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

leaf prices

hello an i hope this helps ya i charge by the hour / per man an i charge a dump fee. my hourly charge is 35 per hour / per man an i charge a 45 dump fee . leaf work is a money maker an a bigg part of my business but equipment is a must. any more questions fell free to call me or emailme have funn take care george
Old 10-31-2002, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mac - Do you have an anger management problem? Seems to me like you're a little rough on new members. You might want to take a human relations course while you're at school. Why is this the wrong forum?

To anwer the question, I don't remove leaves. I either mulch them up, dump them on site, or blow them into the woods, or more than likely, a combination of the three. Mulching the leaves is included in my regular mowing prices until the end of October (the end of my mowing season). I charge $50/man hour for clean-up starting Nov 1.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:48 AM
Banned

Last season I posted that I charged $35 an hour for leaf clean ups. I took a little hammering from some members that felt I was on the low side. When I think about it, I agree!
This year I am bumping it up to $40 and hour and will see how it goes. If all goes well, next year it will likely go up again (especially for new accounts).

It's dirty work and puts a real work out on the equipment. And when I think of what other trades are getting an hour it doesn't seem out of line that I should get $45-50 hr for my hard work and investment on equipment.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Member

leaf removal thanks

thanks to everyone except from miami operator

thanks to all as I am just getting back into this field again( for third time and YES, I did make money before but couldn't work two full time jobs, with one a gov. job

Thank you
Old 10-31-2002, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Charles,

Do a search for a thread entitled: "Still Struggling with quoting a leaf removal rate"

The tread starter was Kitzy. This was a month or so back and we really all pitched in and put in our 2 cents. I think that the entire thread is worth the time to read. I think it'll answer all of your questions.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Darryl-
Last night I was wondering why this guy was jumped by maclawn for posting in the wrong forum. I thought to myself, "maybe I'm missing something".
Old 10-31-2002, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For my current customers I charge 4x a cut. For non customer(1 timers) It all depends. But of coarse the price is much higher. Man I miss my Hustler 400 with the high lift back vac. I have to try and get a vac for my Hustler 262. Great mower for clean ups.
Hey Mac whats up with you man??? Did you not see that he only has 6 posts??? Anyway welcome aboard my friend. Also check out old post with the search at the top of the page. See Mac its o.k. to be nice. Travis
Old 10-31-2002, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

kppurn -
Yeah, I later saw that it was moved from the Elements of Business forum to here. Regardless, it would have been nicer if Mac had instructed which forum is appropriate or tried to be helpful in some way.

I know that when I had 5 posts under my belt I didn't know how to use the search funtion to full benefit.