Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-20-2011, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

" Natural organic" products:

1) "can harbor bacteria"

2) "can cause sickness to humans & animals"

3) "attract insects"

The above are merely 3 of over a dozen "scientific" reasons why we don't buy what they're "shoveling".

Whenever we run across an "organic person", we tell them to go fly a kite, cuz we find it best to follow the most up-to-date research from land grant universities. Call me stupid, but .........
Old 09-20-2011, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I understand you thought about the land grant universities because they are considered "the authority" by most people in ag/horticulture.

Let's not forget that increasingly as their budgets shrink they have to depend on private sources of funding for their research. Syngenta, Dupont and Monsanto are doling out millions to these institutions. You can't tell me they don't have some say so over how the research is done.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The politically correct, tell the Uni.s what to say, big Pharma tells the Uni.s what to say, just like the Monsanto&Co. tell the Uni.s what to say and if it is printed in the newspaper, Time Mag. or talked about on TV then it is legitimate fact...

Kind of like: Communism helps the poor, Global warming, pedophilia is OK, evolution, chemotherapy, water is 'life-support', and, on & on it goes...

The only real problem is, we are not capable of thinking and discerning, we are all like sheep following our master's voice...
Old 09-21-2011, 05:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post

1) "can harbor bacteria"

3) "attract insects"

The above are merely 3 of over a dozen "scientific" reasons why we don't buy what they're "shoveling".

Whenever we run across an "organic person", we tell them to go fly a kite, cuz we find it best to follow the most up-to-date research from land grant universities. Call me stupid, but .........
There is an expression about, throwing the baby out with the bathwater, which focuses in on the idea that, something may not be 100% bad...

Bacteria and other microbes are everywhere all the time and they are needed in the soil just as much as they are needed in your body...
The trick is to build soil structure and healthy turf, by promoting the beneficial Microbes in your botany and get away from lawn disease that is so prevalent in standard practice...

Botany has dozens of reasons why, our 5-7 app programs are counter-productive and only one as to why we continue the practice... money...
Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post

1) "can harbor bacteria"

3) "attract insects"

reminds me of the only heckler we had the first year we did the GIE show, he walked by and said "organics! what can you kill with organics?" I replied "we don't kill things, we grow things"