Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-04-2002, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Search ersults for "Ford" (53 Threads).
Ford

Search results for "Dodge" (36 Threads).
Dodge

Read and see for yourselves. Yuk it up, Yuk it up!

Now that friends,is a bunch of Crap.

Maybe Dodge owners aren't so insecure we have to keep trying to convince the world and ourselves we have the absolute best truck ever built.

Altavista Lawn Care

Last edited by AltaLawnCare; 11-04-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got a guy that could build a Yugo engine to outrun a Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Toyota, etc. What is the point? Brickman admits the value of all trucks and discusses his own truck's faults. Run what you want. They will all get the job done, whether pulling a trailer or hauling a load.

I think it is mostly regional. Around here Ford is the dominant heavy work truck. All three motors are detuned for the American market. I think the Dodge is detuned the most and is also easiest to gain HP without significant mods. John Dimartino on Plowsite has one that puts out nice power.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Hemi was a bad azz motor back then, my Dad had a few. I'll chat with him in the next few days and let you know what he thinks. He was checking into a crated Hemi when they came availably but said it was cheaper to find and rebuild an old one. At that price it seems like a steal to me I would do some checking on the gear ratios on the trans and rear end.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well Altalawncare, I was going to apologize for offending you by being to zealous about Fords, but I dont think I will now.
Who are you to sit there and accuse us of "yuk'ing it up" when you sit there and put out stuff about Dodges as well? That seems like the pot calling the kettle black!
And we arent insecure, we are conviced that the Fords are the best, and now we just have to go and convert the Dodge heathens to the correct way of thinking.
Also, I dont know about all of yall, but until Altalawncare decided to take this all personally, I was having fun bantering with everyone, Randy and Brickman and I have been going back and forth for two weeks now. This is just a bit of fun, something to do while the slow season sets in. So calm down.
Or I could be wrong and dear Mr. Alta just has a very dry sarcastic sense of humor, I dont know!

Keep it fun, keep it light. Its just trucks after all.

Yes, it is regional, but here in Houston its pretty evenly divided between Ford and Chevy, Dodge isnt as heavy a player as those two.

Old 11-05-2002, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Beast Is Busted

Quote:
Originally posted by Swampbeast
OKAY!

First off, that dumb *** picture. You must be joking. Come on!

This is simple as well, remember this and you cant go wrong. Ford rules, Dodge sucks, Chevy sucks even worse, and gas, well, dont get me started on gas!

FORD RULES!!!!

Oh, But its OK for you to take it personally!
No, NO.
Now this is the Pot calling the Kettle Black. Or maybe I do have a twisted dry sence of sarcastic humor??

Find anything, anywhere where I referred to anything about any other make as Dumb***, or propaganda, or saying anything sucked.....
Its not out there.

Altavista Lawn Care
Old 11-05-2002, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
That seems like the pot calling the kettle black!
And we arent insecure, we are conviced that the Fords are the best, and now we just have to go and convert the Dodge heathens to the correct way of thinking.
Also, I dont know about all of yall, but until Altalawncare decided to take this all personally, I was having fun bantering with everyone..

I believe the above post proves who took it personally first.
Or I could be wrong and dear Mr. Alta just has a very dry sarcastic sense of humor, I dont know!

Dear Mr. Alta lost the dry sarcastic sense of humor, you presume he has (after reading one post??) after being brutally attacked by the SwampBeast.

Keep it fun, keep it light. Its just trucks after all.

Now, this makes sense.

Altavista Lawn Care
Old 11-05-2002, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Beast is Excused.

Quote:
Well Altalawncare, I was going to apologize for offending you by being to zealous about Fords, but I dont think I will now.
But, I will..

I apologize for being over zealous about Dodge, and stirring up Beast. And also posting a photo that I can't verify authentic or not.

I will make it up to you all by completing my Mustang and blowing as many Dodges and Chevys off the raosd as possible.

Altavista Lawn Care
Old 11-05-2002, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

"I will make it up to you all by completing my Mustang and blowing as many Dodges and Chevys off the raosd as possible."

Well now if you really want to blow others off the road, you should be building a 'Cuda, or Charger, or some other Dodge!

Randy
Old 11-05-2002, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am sorry Altalawncare. Forgive me? I went back and reread lots of that, sorry for all that.
Dodge does make a good truck, I personally prefer Ford trucks though.
I didnt say you had a "twisted" sense of humor, I said dry and sarcastic. There is nothing wrong with a dry and sarcastic sense of humor.
What type of Mustang?

Old 11-05-2002, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I added the "Dry" for effect LOL.

Its that 70 convertible. It actually wont be anything fast, just a 4 speed, and 4 barrell...so it can keep up.

I would someday like to get a mid 90s GT. I drove one, a '92 it was built (street legal), with a richmond gear transmission. At the track it would out run a lot of drag only cars with slicks on it. He could take off, and jam through the gears without clutching!

I drove it normally on road, and it was smooth and drove well too, didn't feel like a hot rod. This was back in '95, and I would have bought it but didn't have the money.

The problem with all the older cars are they don't handle, have the brakes, or the benefits of fuel injection like the newer models.

The new 4.6s run good too.

Altavista Lawn Care