Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-29-2011, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

A Faster SYSTEM

HI GUYS,

NEED HELP, I am in the foreclosure side of the business. I used to do 15 yards minimum for this bank i used to work with until, I got offered a better opportunity with another bank now here is the thing these are a pain
they are extremely picky I mean to a point if theres a tiny branch in the pic they dont like it. So because of them being like that it has me working slower im doing 6 houses a day sometimes is like I dunno whatahek is wrong. Currently im doing about 48 yards a wk and is taking me a long time. I dont want to leave them because they do there yareds weekly and the pay is pretty good so with that being said Do you guys have any opinions on what should I do ? what kind of system do you guys use to get done faster but with high quality ?? sometimes im solo or with a helper I run a 36 gravely walkbehind without skates I literally walkbehind it can that be a big issue????

i just need some opinions!!!

thank you

Last edited by Michael J. Donovan; 08-30-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: language
Old 08-29-2011, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Higher quantity= lower quality.

I don't know how big your yards are so I can't determine if a 36 is too small for your work. All I can say is that usually if you feel you are working too long and are looking for a shortcut, you're probably not satisfied with the pay. Banks are USUALLY the worst kinds of customer: they want everything for nothing.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Member

average about 0.25 acres
Old 08-30-2011, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

what all is included in the visit, just your usual mow/trim/blow. It does sound about right for the time your spending there. I mean with a 36" wb our production rate is about 1/2 acre per hour. So if your doing an average of 1/4 acre that means roughly 30 minutes of cutting probably. Then say between probably another 30 minutes to trim, blow, pick up any sticks/debris, and from the sounds of it pictures. And if your working 8 hrs per day, 6-8 should be about your max per day i would say. The only thing that is going to speed you up time wise is either getting a larger wb, like a 48" wb, which would shave your time from 1 hour per site to like 50 minutes or so.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Member

mow trim blow, but also if a shrub needs a touch up they also want you to do it, which it was my bad of not adding a fee to that.

But yea you hit it right on the spot