Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:55 PM
weapons of grass destruction's Avatar
weapons of grass destruction weapons of grass destruction is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Palm Bay FL
Posts: 226
is stihl made by ryobi?

Talking with friend today.
And he said that stihl is made by briggs & straton & ryobi.
Is that true.
__________________
A wise man sees trouble come and hides himself.
Proverbs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:58 PM
ALC-GregH's Avatar
ALC-GregH ALC-GregH is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 7,053
Lol, no........
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Sure, and John Deere tractors are made by MTD

Your friend needs to stop drinking the internet koolaid. Neither one are true.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Greyst1's Avatar
Greyst1 Greyst1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 877
No, ef no.

Ryobi is own by some chinese company called TTI. TTI owns milwaukee, Dirt Devil, Hoover, blah blah blah

Briggs is Briggs, they own Ferris, Snapper Pro, Snapper and a bunch of other stuff.

Stihl is Stihl and i believe they own Zama Carbs as well. Stihl is a solid company all around just like Briggs. TTI well, we'll see. They are already killing many Milwaukee tools that used to be made in the USA.
__________________
Believe nothing that you hear, half of what you see, know that most people are idiots!


IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Greyst1's Avatar
Greyst1 Greyst1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Sure, and John Deere tractors are made by MTD

Your friend needs to stop drinking the internet koolaid. Neither one are true.
Is Deere making their garden tractors? The ones sold at Home Cheapo and Blowes? I was told they were, just curious.
__________________
Believe nothing that you hear, half of what you see, know that most people are idiots!


IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Is Deere making their garden tractors? The ones sold at Home Cheapo and Blowes? I was told they were, just curious.
Yes, Deere actually makes ALL of their L&G tractors, even the ones sold at HD and Lowe's. The ones like those sold at HD and Lowe's are made in Greeneville TN. (The heavier duty L&G tractors are made in Horicon WI, not Iowa as stated in one of the links below). They are exactly the same as those sold at JD dealers as well, which is another rumor on the net- that those sold at bigbox stores are inferior. The internet rumor about them being made by MTD simply gets repeated so often, it'll probably never die.

http://articles.courant.com/2009-04-...eries-tractors


http://www.ssbtractor.com/antique-fa...-user-reviews/

https://groundscare.custhelp.com/app...the-home-depot
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 AM
topsites topsites is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richmond Virginia
Posts: 21,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by weapons of grass destruction View Post
Talking with friend today.
And he said that stihl is made by briggs & straton & ryobi.
I think your friend may have been trying to make conversation but that is not true,
Stihl is a physical corporation located in Germany and named after its founder Andreas Stihl,
the corporation itself is stock-based thou I'm not sure if it's private or public but it goes officially
by the name of Stihl A.G. (which stands for Aktien-Gesselschaft, the german equivalent of our Inc.).
Stihl is thus a German product, made in Germany by a German corporation.

Ryobi I believe is Japanese but I'm not sure, however they are most certainly not the same company, not at all.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
I think your friend may have been trying to make conversation but that is not true,
Stihl is a physical corporation located in Germany and named after its founder Andreas Stihl,
the corporation itself is stock-based thou I'm not sure if it's private or public but it goes officially
by the name of Stihl A.G. (which stands for Aktien-Gesselschaft, the german equivalent of our Inc.).
Stihl is thus a German product, made in Germany by a German corporation.

Ryobi I believe is Japanese but I'm not sure, however they are most certainly not the same company, not at all.
Partly correct here. Stihl is a German based co, and originally all their products were made there, but that's no longer true. Stihl USA is based in Virgina Beach, Virginia where they make all sorts of outdoor power products right here in the US-

http://www.stihlusa.com/corporate/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-2011, 11:15 AM
HenryB HenryB is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,566
Actually Stihl, Exmark and Scag are all made by Walmart
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2011, 11:38 AM
tailboardtech's Avatar
tailboardtech tailboardtech is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Butler, Md.
Posts: 383
blaspheme!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Page generated in 0.09419 seconds with 7 queries