Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-03-2011, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Recommendations for commercial 22" lawnmower?

Hi I am new to this site, I am 21 and a landscape architecture student in San Diego, CA. I've been saving up to buy new equipment in order to start my own business focusing on landscape maintenance for the moment, I am looking for any recommendations on a good reliable commercial self-propelled lawnmower 21 or 22", best brand names out there, prices, and places where i can buy this equipment, stores, online vendors, any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

First off, the is no such thing as a commercial 22" mower, 21" only. Best thing to do is Google "outdoor power equipment" and your zip code, find a dealer close to you. All commercial mowers are fine, what matters is what is sold by a DEALER near you, for parts ect. Dont step foot into lowes or home depot, the only place for commercial equipment is a SERVICING DEALER.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Do you expect us to do all your research for you?

Use the search feature on this site and there's tons and tons of threads on commercial 21" mowers. Just google commercial mowers and most manufactures have a couple 21" mowers available.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 09-03-2011, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I did not mean it that way and yes I know I can do a google search, but my question goes more towards what I should avoid and what are my best options in your opinion, also if there are any new equipment more promising coming out that I should be aware of? thanks
Old 09-03-2011, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Check out the ybravo mowers online @ ybravo.com I think. They make a 21" and 25" commercial.
21" Craftsman push
AH230 Shindaiwa Long Shaft Hedge Trimmer
AHS242 Shindaiwa Short Shaft Hedge Trimmer
Two Stihl BR600 Backpack Blowers
Two Stihl FS80R Grass Trimmers
SG20 Stihl Sprayer
Numerous Handtools
36" Wright Stander(Sold)
Old 09-03-2011, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagit View Post
Check out the ybravo mowers online @ ybravo.com I think. They make a 21" and 25" commercial.
They do extremely well in wet grass from what I've heard.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Member

From my research since I am in the market of getting a 21" I found that most use either a Honda, Snapper or the newer Ybravo commercial grade mower. Everyone is going to have their opinions of what is best etc... but from what I have polled, these three are what most commercial users are liking the best.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Do you expect us to do all your research for you?

Use the search feature on this site and there's tons and tons of threads on commercial 21" mowers. Just google commercial mowers and most manufactureings have a couple 21" mowers available.
Did he hit a nerve? Hell, it was a good question. Let him learn the site. I purchased the John Deere 85 a couple of months ago and could not be happier. I bought the last commercial 21 inch commercial they offered back in 1994 (14SX) and it is still running today. No doubt it is expensive at $1100 but I see no reason it shouldn't get the same longevity as the 14SX. It is heavy but the 9 inch wheels compensate. I have never had a 21 inch mower cut as well--Lawnboy(2 stroke) , any Toro's. or any Honda's.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlandscape View Post
Hi I am new to this site, I am looking for any recommendations on a good reliable commercial self-propelled lawnmower 21 or 22", best brand names out there, prices, and places where i can buy this equipment, stores, online vendors, any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutnedge View Post
Did he hit a nerve? Hell, it was a good question. Let him learn the site. I purchased the John Deere 85 a couple of months ago and could not be happier. I bought the last commercial 21 inch commercial they offered back in 1994 (14SX) and it is still running today. No doubt it is expensive at $1100 but I see no reason it shouldn't get the same longevity as the 14SX. It is heavy but the 9 inch wheels compensate. I have never had a 21 inch mower cut as well--Lawnboy(2 stroke) , any Toro's. or any Honda's.
He's asking the members here to tell him what the best one to buy is as well as price, where to buy it. Everything a person would need to know without bothering to look them self. I can see clearly why Tim made the comment. He has the rest of this fall and winter to do research and take notes. We could tell him to buy this that and the other but what good would that do for him if all he has to do is go out and buy it? He still wouldn't know jack about what he's buying. If he can go to college and study landscape architecture then he can easily do some research about a push mower.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've got no problem answering questions like "how does the Snapper 21" do in wet grass?" or "how simple is the drive system to work on for the Honda 21?"

With a blanket question like he asked, it showed that he's done absolutely no research before asking us. I spent all winter researching equipment. Well, not every waking hour, but I didn't rely on somebody else to do my research. I went around and talked to dealers, looked at stats online, etc. There's no reason he can't do the same thing.