Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2011, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSide Cutter View Post
If you look at the rear ends from the back. Some have the housing almost to the wheel with a very short axle. And some have a short rear end with a very long axle. They both have the same track width. And on the 2000 JD series the rear end has the funky drop down, not to strong a looking design.
Just want something to till garden, move some rock and dirt and maybe do some bush hogging. L3200 Kubota and the 3032 Deere and older 4310 is what I have in mind that size.
SSC- I used to feel that way about the dropped axe rear end on the older 4110/4115 and newer 2520/2720 series tractors until I started looking at the really large county road graders my county uses (Champion and Volvo). They have the exact same set up on both of their drive axles. If it's good enough for a machine that size, I figure it'll do for mine too. I have never had any trouble whatsoever with it yet.

I still say that if you can get that 4310, you'll be really happy with it. It's a great tractor, and can do a lot of different things.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

DK35: how's it working for you? How many hours so far? What major attachments?

That's what I'm thinking of getting.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry, but kubooty and new holland try to mimick John Deere.
Their are so many more features that are standard on JD plus, features that dont exist.
Fact of the matter is JD is top of the line and top dog when it comes too Tractors.
People that cant afford JD usaully buy kubota or new holland.
Sorry if I offended you guys but its the truth.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanauer View Post
DK35: how's it working for you? How many hours so far? What major attachments?

That's what I'm thinking of getting.
My DK 35 works very well. I really like it. It has been strong and reliable.
Just under 1600 hours so far.
For attachments I use it to run
6' rototiller
6' boxblade
6' brush mower
7' rear finish mower
7' rear blade
2 bottom plow, post hole digger, 7' front snow plow, Etc.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke12 View Post
Sorry, but kubooty and new holland try to mimick John Deere.
Their are so many more features that are standard on JD plus, features that dont exist.
What standard features do they have that the others don't ?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK35vince View Post
What standard features do they have that the others don't ?
digital layout
electric PTO no need to jerk in the PTO clutch
load match
300 cx comes standard with spring loaded bucket arms
less spillage.
the bucket on these loader are very well built. I have yet to wear out the cutting edge on this monster.
FWD is effortless.
Ive owned fords New Holland and Kubota.
New Hollands have a common failure wear the PTO engages and Kubota
FWD takes to much effort to engage. Plus, they both have plane jane instrument panels espesially the Kubota.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Member

The Kubota Grand L 40 series have digital layout with the Intel panel
The Grand L's have the HST Plus (load match)
The Grand L's have independant PTO
Extendable lower link arms on the 3 point. Etc.
Sorry I'm still not seeing all the extra standand features your refering too !

Last edited by DK35vince; 09-11-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Well, since you want to point out specs, and specifiaclly pointed to the 2K20 series Deere, here is a link to two almost identical machines as far as Hp and class goes

the B2620 specs-
http://www.kubota.com/product/B2320/...eries_spec.pdf

and the Deere 2520 specs-

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/..._Tractor.page?

The 2520 weighs significantly more than the B2620 even though the Kubota has a steel hood and fender pan, and has a higher lift capacity at 24" behind the lift links on the 3pt.

The Deere also has a wet drive clutch vs the dry clutch on the B2620 (though their new website doesn't show that yet. It's in their sales brochures, and grounds care catalogs though, as well as the operator's manual).

As for the 3 range transmission, it's nice to have, and I have had both 2 & 3 range tranny's, but for what the smaller machines are capable of pulling, 2 is plenty of choice. On the larger 3k20 and up, they are all 3 range as well, and always have been.
The B2630 and B3030 series are the direct competitor to the 2x20 series....and they outspec and have more features than the 2x20 series

as for the other series comparisons -

so when you even agree the lift ability is significantly higher than Deere - and it is significant, you come up with some rationalized reason in YOUR MIND, but certainly none of the rest of the buying public as to why that is, which makes no phuckin sense....the math doesn't lie, period.....you buy a tractor to get work done, the more weight you lift, the faster and taller it lifts it, the faster the work gets done...PERIOD....dosent matter on brand

your just in denial, and its really not worth pointing out the clearly stated, and agreed upon by you in your own words, but yet you spew illogical sputtering meaningless opinions....and claim it to be fact....in your world, it would appear the world is flat, and there is no way telling you otherwise....

have a great day

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Old 09-17-2011, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You guys argue some pretty fine points about these machines, much of which is purely subjective. Yeah I agree it's pretty stupid to have the turning brakes on the same side as the hydro pedal(s). Most of the tractors discussed here are pretty similar in capability, so it comes down to what you can find used and for what price and in what condition. I looked for over a year before I found my 855. I would have preferred the 955 but I found an 855 equipped how I wanted it (4WD, turf tires, hoe and loader) with 140 hours on it in literally showroom condition at a price I couldn't refuse. I had looked at some units that looked like they were dragged off the ocean floor with an asking price of $12k.

So argue all you want, but it comes down to what's available, equipped how you want it and at the right price, in the right place. That limits things quite a bit. If you're gonna buy new you can have your cake and eat it too, but if you're looking at used equipment, you gotta take what you can get.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati996 View Post
The B2630 and B3030 series are the direct competitor to the 2x20 series....and they outspec and have more features than the 2x20 series

as for the other series comparisons -

so when you even agree the lift ability is significantly higher than Deere - and it is significant, you come up with some rationalized reason in YOUR MIND, but certainly none of the rest of the buying public as to why that is, which makes no phuckin sense....the math doesn't lie, period.....you buy a tractor to get work done, the more weight you lift, the faster and taller it lifts it, the faster the work gets done...PERIOD....dosent matter on brand

your just in denial, and its really not worth pointing out the clearly stated, and agreed upon by you in your own words, but yet you spew illogical sputtering meaningless opinions....and claim it to be fact....in your world, it would appear the world is flat, and there is no way telling you otherwise....

have a great day
You are so full of crap that your breath is bad. If you don't like the tractor comparisons, you use whichever one suits your needs at the moment to make you look correct.

Well you are still wrong. I did not clearly state that the Kubota has significantly more lift. It has a couple hundred pounds more. The reasons I stated for Deere settling on that weight lift capacity are correct whether or not agree with it or not.

As for being able to lift it faster or higher because of that, again, you are full of crap! The lift capacity doesn't have anything to do with how fast or high it lifts it. The 3 point can only go so high until it reaches the top of its lift stroke. The speed of the lift is related to how much pressure the system runs at, and gallons of flow per minute, not lift capacity. Lift capacity is based on the size of the lifts cylinder(s) in the rockshaft housing jackass.

You are not only full of crap, but are arguing to try to save face since I used your data/specs to show you are wrong.

On top of that, you claimed you were done with this thread, but obviously you say one thing and do another, sorta like what you do with your facts here- use whatever suits your argument.

If you want to get into all of it, the Deere has MUCH greater HP than even the larger 5000 series Kubota's, and can run significantly larger rear implements like hay balers, Mow Co's., etc.

As for being idealogical, I like Deere tractors that's true enough, but I like any tractor period. Always have and always will. I chose Deere for my own use because they are just simply better and ahead of Kubota when it comes to advancements and features. I have never once claimed that Kubotas are bad or junk, here or anywhere else, beacuse it simply isn't how I feel (or true).

You sound like a guy who spent money on orange, and feels the need to try to reassure himself that he spent wisely.