Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
You guys argue some pretty fine points about these machines, much of which is purely subjective. Yeah I agree it's pretty stupid to have the turning brakes on the same side as the hydro pedal(s). Most of the tractors discussed here are pretty similar in capability, so it comes down to what you can find used and for what price and in what condition. I looked for over a year before I found my 855. I would have preferred the 955 but I found an 855 equipped how I wanted it (4WD, turf tires, hoe and loader) with 140 hours on it in literally showroom condition at a price I couldn't refuse. I had looked at some units that looked like they were dragged off the ocean floor with an asking price of $12k.

So argue all you want, but it comes down to what's available, equipped how you want it and at the right price, in the right place. That limits things quite a bit. If you're gonna buy new you can have your cake and eat it too, but if you're looking at used equipment, you gotta take what you can get.
I agree 100% with you darryl. You can only do, what you can do. If that means buying a New Holland/Case, Agco, Massey, Kubota, Deere, or whatever brand, go for it. They are all pretty good machines with similar features, and from companies that have been around for a long time.

I didn't start this arguement here. I was responding to SSC's question about his choices and what he has looked at, or has a chance to buy, and a Kubota fan (lawnking) took exception to what I said apparently in my first post here (which is true regardless of whether or not they like it), and then all this BS started.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati996 View Post
as for the other series comparisons -


so when you even agree the lift ability is significantly higher than Deere - and it is significant, you come up with some rationalized reason in YOUR MIND, but certainly none of the rest of the buying public as to why that is, which makes no phuckin sense....
It is insignificant if the weight of the tractor (even with a FEL) is not enough to keep the tractor from tipping over backwards or at the very least from lifting the front wheels off the ground trying to lift that weight. Common sense should have told you that.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-17-2011, 04:35 PM
alanauer alanauer is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WEST OF TORONTO
Posts: 238
Guys. Guys. Let's pretend our dialogue is all face-to-face. And the other guy has a hundred pounds on you and you just came out of hernia surgery. And he holds a demand note on your house. And he went out with your wife before you met. And he has a piece of equipment that you might need to borrow next week. And ... well, you get the idea.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanauer View Post
Guys. Guys. Let's pretend our dialogue is all face-to-face. And the other guy has a hundred pounds on you and you just came out of hernia surgery. And he holds a demand note on your house. And he went out with your wife before you met. And he has a piece of equipment that you might need to borrow next week. And ... well, you get the idea.
On here, FTF. Don't matter to me, and I don't care who has the weight advantage. I don't appreciate a guy coming on here and making statements to the effect that I'm smoking dope or on any type of drugs, or most of all that I'm a liar.

The facts/links are all there for anyone to go and read, and then do some research on who has been at the forefront of product developement for the last 20-30 years between the two manufacturer's, and you will see it has clearly been Deere. Heck, just go around to used tractor lots and look at what was available for a long time on a Deere before it became available on a Kubota going by model year vs model year. Kubota has always made good machines, no question, but they have always (until very recently) been spartan at best in their features.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Ducati996's Avatar
Ducati996 Ducati996 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
You are so full of crap that your breath is bad. If you don't like the tractor comparisons, you use whichever one suits your needs at the moment to make you look correct.

Well you are still wrong. I did not clearly state that the Kubota has significantly more lift. It has a couple hundred pounds more. The reasons I stated for Deere settling on that weight lift capacity are correct whether or not agree with it or not.

As for being able to lift it faster or higher because of that, again, you are full of crap! The lift capacity doesn't have anything to do with how fast or high it lifts it. The 3 point can only go so high until it reaches the top of its lift stroke. The speed of the lift is related to how much pressure the system runs at, and gallons of flow per minute, not lift capacity. Lift capacity is based on the size of the lifts cylinder(s) in the rockshaft housing jackass.

You are not only full of crap, but are arguing to try to save face since I used your data/specs to show you are wrong.

On top of that, you claimed you were done with this thread, but obviously you say one thing and do another, sorta like what you do with your facts here- use whatever suits your argument.

If you want to get into all of it, the Deere has MUCH greater HP than even the larger 5000 series Kubota's, and can run significantly larger rear implements like hay balers, Mow Co's., etc.

As for being idealogical, I like Deere tractors that's true enough, but I like any tractor period. Always have and always will. I chose Deere for my own use because they are just simply better and ahead of Kubota when it comes to advancements and features. I have never once claimed that Kubotas are bad or junk, here or anywhere else, beacuse it simply isn't how I feel (or true).

You sound like a guy who spent money on orange, and feels the need to try to reassure himself that he spent wisely.
I came back because playing twist tittie with a tool is fun....the B2630 and B3030 were always the competitive comparison to the 2x20 series.....the B2620 dosent have postion control.....yeah by you comparing a lesser model, you look better, but in reality its always been the B2630 and B3030 series....which have better spec when using the backhoe, FEL or 3 pt hitch

when lift capabilities are a few hundred pounds more, it is significant - its 20%to 30% higher, which is a significant difference.....I dont need you to speak numbers, since tools dont understand math......they have larger cylinders, height, reach, breakout force and higher PSI....and cost about the same as the 2520 and 2720 series.....

Once again I have a Deere 2520, and I would never say the 2x20 series is better than the B2630 or B3030...you know why? because its not....dosent make the 2520 a bad machine, its just not a 3 sp hydro, with a better backhoe or FEL than Kubota.....you can do FEL work in mid range with a Kubota but not with a Deere 2x20...why is that? because its only 2 speed, and low is only FEL work and its slow in that range (hence less productive)

at this point I dont give crap about the other models you bring into the mix....your not even rational in your postion.....you overstate Deeres features and functions and specifications.....again its not a knock against Deere, its a rebuttal to buttheads in general....the machine is great either way
__________________
Like tractors and the like? see below -

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Ducati996's Avatar
Ducati996 Ducati996 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
It is insignificant if the weight of the tractor (even with a FEL) is not enough to keep the tractor from tipping over backwards or at the very least from lifting the front wheels off the ground trying to lift that weight. Common sense should have told you that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
On here, FTF. Don't matter to me, and I don't care who has the weight advantage. I don't appreciate a guy coming on here and making statements to the effect that I'm smoking dope or on any type of drugs, or most of all that I'm a liar.

The facts/links are all there for anyone to go and read, and then do some research on who has been at the forefront of product developement for the last 20-30 years between the two manufacturer's, and you will see it has clearly been Deere. Heck, just go around to used tractor lots and look at what was available for a long time on a Deere before it became available on a Kubota going by model year vs model year. Kubota has always made good machines, no question, but they have always (until very recently) been spartan at best in their features.
Well maybe I was wrong about the dope....maybe its something else? who cares, actually

Your thumping your chest like your the expert, and really your not.....now your gonna say the kubotas will tip over because they out spec Deere? that is just a lame response, and implies Deere has better stability than Kubota....another BS opinion spouted off by the chest thumping expert.....proper ballast regardless and proper operational use and ability by the user, insures that will be minimized - and that hazard is universal with all brands
__________________
Like tractors and the like? see below -

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Ducati996's Avatar
Ducati996 Ducati996 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanauer View Post
Guys. Guys. Let's pretend our dialogue is all face-to-face. And the other guy has a hundred pounds on you and you just came out of hernia surgery. And he holds a demand note on your house. And he went out with your wife before you met. And he has a piece of equipment that you might need to borrow next week. And ... well, you get the idea.
well either way I will have the same exact dialog with someone who is incorrect....I assure you Im not a internet keyboard jockey, and he can keep my wife, he has earned her
__________________
Like tractors and the like? see below -

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Ducati996's Avatar
Ducati996 Ducati996 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 188
Attached are two spec sheets from Kubota comparing the 2720 and 2520 to the B2630 and B3030.....since the hydraulics are identical on each model on both manufactures on both sides, its pretty accurate and clear....

Kubota is significantly more powerful, has better FEL height, better breakout, digging depth (back hoe), etc..... plus a 3 speed hydro....a feature Deere needs desperately in this series, and is the #1 request

the 2520 and 2720 are Deeres best in that size offering....so is the B2630/B3030 series from Kubota
Attached Images
File Type: pdf KubotaCompetitive - FEL.pdf (22.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf KubotaCompetitive -Tractor.pdf (28.1 KB, 14 views)
__________________
Like tractors and the like? see below -

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati996 View Post
Well maybe I was wrong about the dope....maybe its something else? who cares, actually

Your thumping your chest like your the expert, and really your not.....now your gonna say the kubotas will tip over because they out spec Deere? that is just a lame response, and implies Deere has better stability than Kubota....another BS opinion spouted off by the chest thumping expert.....proper ballast regardless and proper operational use and ability by the user, insures that will be minimized - and that hazard is universal with all brands
You can name call all you want while you're safe sitting behind your computer screen. That's what gutless cowards do.

You're the blowhard making up facts and statements to suit you. No one here, including me, ever said that the Kubota would tip over backwards because it is less stable than a Deere. What I said (since your reading comprehension seems to be rather poor) is that having to much rear lift capacity is useless if the weight capability of the tractor to lift it and hold down the front end isn't there.

There is not 20-30% difference in lift capacity either.Using the stats in the links above- Deere 4X2X series= 2500 lbs @24" behind the link ends. Kubota Grand L 40series= 2646 lbs @ 24" behind the link ends. Since you can't seem to do math yourself, that's only 146 lbs or 5.25% difference.

Deere 400X loader- 2368 lbs at max height, at pivot pin. Grand L40= 2489. Those numbers have only been that high for Kubota fairly recently. deere has had them for 13 years or more.

The Kubota 2630 (68.5 CI) has a smaller displacement engine than the Deere 2520 (81.2 CI), and runs at a higher rated speed to achieve that, which translates into a shorter useful engine life all else being equal (maintainence wise).


The Deere 2520 weighs- 1865 lbs
The Kubota 2630 weights- 1786 lbs.

Except for the lift on the Kubota being a higher on the 3 point, the Deere has more advantages.

Deere came out with a high tec tranny first (the Pow'r Reverser)
Had higher lift capacities for year before Kubota finally caught up
Has wet clutches for the drive clutch, while Kubota STILL uses a dry clutch.
Has the steering drag lin behind the heavy cat front axle where it's protected from being bent by unseen stumps, while Kubota still places them out in front of the axle where they can get bent if you're bushhogging at more than creeper speed and accidentally hit an unseen stump.

Deere had a tractor mounted joystick LONG before Kubota ever did.

Like I said before, the list goes on. Deere comes out with it, and everyone plays catchup. Then Deere does it again, and the cycle starts all over.

You lose the argument that the Grand L is far superior and don't want to talk about that one anymore, so you turn to the 2X2X series Deere, and Kubby 2630. You're still losing jackwagon.

The 2520, and 2720 are Deere's only offerings in that class, but Kubota had to come out with the 2X3X series to best them at anything, which wasn't much when you actually read the specs in their links.

I am not an expert, but I seem to know the facts a whole lot better than you.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 09-17-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Ducati996's Avatar
Ducati996 Ducati996 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
You can name call all you want while you're safe sitting behind your computer screen. That's what gutless cowards do.

You're the blowhard making up facts and statements to suit you. No one here, including me, ever said that the Kubota would tip over backwards because it is less stable than a Deere. What I said (since your reading comprehension seems to be rather poor) is that having to much rear lift capacity is useless if the weight capability of the tractor to lift it and hold down the front end isn't there.

There is not 20-30% difference in lift capacity either.Using the stats in the links above- Deere 4X2X series= 2500 lbs @24" behind the link ends. Kubota Grand L 40series= 2646 lbs @ 24" behind the link ends. Since you can't seem to do math yourself, that's only 146 lbs or 5.25% difference.

Deere 400X loader- 2368 lbs at max height, at pivot pin. Grand L40= 2489. Those numbers have only been that high for Kubota fairly recently. deere has had them for 13 years or more.

The Kubota 2630 (68.5 CI) has a smaller displacement engine than the Deere 2520 (81.2 CI), and runs at a higher rated speed to achieve that, which translates into a shorter useful engine life all else being equal (maintainence wise).


The Deere 2520 weighs- 1865 lbs
The Kubota 2630 weights- 1786 lbs.

Except for the lift on the Kubota being a higher on the 3 point, the Deere has more advantages.

Deere came out with a high tec tranny first (the Pow'r Reverser)
Had higher lift capacities for year before Kubota finally caught up
Has wet clutches for the drive clutch, while Kubota STILL uses a dry clutch.
Has the steering drag lin behind the heavy cat front axle where it's protected from being bent by unseen stumps, while Kubota still places them out in front of the axle where they can get bent if you're bushhogging at more than creeper speed and accidentally hit an unseen stump.

Deere had a tractor mounted joystick LONG before Kubota ever did.

Like I said before, the list goes on. Deere comes out with it, and everyone plays catchup. Then Deere does it again, and the cycle starts all over.

You lose the argument that the Grand L is far superior and don't want to talk about that one anymore, so you turn to the 2X2X series Deere, and Kubby 2630. You're still losing jackwagon.

The 2520, and 2720 are Deere's only offerings in that class, but Kubota had to come out with the 2X3X series to best them at anything, which wasn't much when you actually read the specs in their links.

I am not an expert, but I seem to know the facts a whole lot better than you.

just stick with comparing the top of the line models and in many or most cases Kubota comes out on top - looks at the comparison sheets and yes 30% or more in some areas is significant.....if you got a 30% raise would you consider that a little or a significant raise? L4240 and the best loader...3pt ability seems pretty high.....whatever the sheets are there for all to see

I really dont care who did what 15 years ago....the 4100 came out in 1998, followed by the 4110, 4115 then the 2x20 series....plenty of time to add a 3 sp hydro....and they never did....real trail blazers there

and the FEL and 3pt on the B2630 & B3030 are around 30% or more improved over Deere 200cx loader...its been that way since 2006 when i got my 2520

personally I dont care but Deere aint trail blazing in these models anytime soon....


yours truly,

Gutless coward...just dont call me yellow OMG!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Grand-L40-Series-comps.pdf (238.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: pdf Grand-L40-Series-implements-comps.pdf (169.0 KB, 3 views)
__________________
Like tractors and the like? see below -

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.14815 seconds with 8 queries