Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-18-2011, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati996 View Post
just stick with comparing the top of the line models and in many or most cases Kubota comes out on top - looks at the comparison sheets and yes 30% or more in some areas is significant.....if you got a 30% raise would you consider that a little or a significant raise? L4240 and the best loader...3pt ability seems pretty high.....whatever the sheets are there for all to see

I really dont care who did what 15 years ago....the 4100 came out in 1998, followed by the 4110, 4115 then the 2x20 series....plenty of time to add a 3 sp hydro....and they never did....real trail blazers there

and the FEL and 3pt on the B2630 & B3030 are around 30% or more improved over Deere 200cx loader...its been that way since 2006 when i got my 2520

personally I dont care but Deere aint trail blazing in these models anytime soon....

yours truly,

Gutless coward...just dont call me yellow OMG!
All of these machines get used for many applications other than loader or backhoe work, so hand picking the stats that seem to make your case is disingenuous of you, because it totally overlooks all the other uses for these machines, and things/uses that are more common to them than loader/backhoe work.

I've posted plenty of links to the stats you are citing, as well as those for Deere, and anyone who can read can see there's not much difference in the lifts capacities between them (which I didn't bring up, you guys did. Rather I said that Deere had better features first, and more often still does). There are notable differences in overall design and build between the 2630 and 2520 as a whole ie; weight, engines displacement, etc., just as I posted above, as well as all the things that I listed that Deere has been doing for a long time and are relatively new on Kubby's. The 3 range trans is not really useful on the smaller machines like it is on the larger ones. You simply want to overlook the facts bro.

The newer design FEL for the 2630 (going by Kubby's stats) says the lift is 952 lbs at the pin. The stats for my 410 loader for my 4115 shows 882 at the pin. Since the Kubby loader is a newer design than the 410, obviously Kubota came out with their stats to better what the older 410 loader could do, and it isn't by much. Before that though, and just as I have been saying, Deere has always beaten them, and will again. It's only a matter of time (and really quite stupid to keep going beyond what any of these machines are comfortable doing, regardless of who builds them). Anything that Kubota can now do better, is fairly recent, and designed to better Deere for sales purposes obviously. Same at the 3 point. I know that the 2520 is heavier than a 2630, and I wouldn't want to be able to lift more than what it is rated for at 24" behind the links with that size tractor, FEL or not. Having an extra 100 lbs capacity doesn't provide me with anything that I can honestly use on this size machine.

Regardless, you have been making my point for me with your last couple posts. The Kubota 2630 is a lighter machine than the Deere 2520, but it's loader lifts more. That doesn't translate into longevity for the Kubby's tractor life. The specs/stats on the Deere 2520 itself as a tractor do though.

These machines get used for much more than just loader/backhoe work. Truth be told, neither of the smaller machines we are talking about here is the ideal choice for backhoe work/use. Having more engine displacement and overall weight goes a long way towards a longer useful life of the machine. So does the lower rated engine speed, and larger displacement engines on the Deere.

When it comes down to it, it's all a sales pitch once a particular performance point is reached on any of these machines, because their size/build, and weight are what limits them to what they can really do for an extended amount of time in service/use, so having the highest lift for the sake of having it, without the size/build to take advantage of it over the long haul is pointless, and I don't care who makes it. The ability needs to match the capacity.

Obviously we are never going to agree, so there's no need to keep going on with this, with you. I'll let the other readers/posters here decide for themselves what they believe after reading up on all the stats-both past and present, and what was offered in the past (and/or first) by both Co's then decide if what I've been saying is wrong or right.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 09-18-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have owned 3 new kubota tractors since 2000. Never had a machine die on a job or experienced any catastrophic breakdown what so ever! I like the fact that kubota builds the frame,tranny,engine,etc (like mack)! As far as kubota being years behind deere in technology,can you say hydrostat plus?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I came across this vid a few weeks ago. It may be worth a look...
http://youtu.be/5SvlIPjFm-E

Youtube Channel... http://tinyurl.com/l9a3843
Old 09-19-2011, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
I came across this vid a few weeks ago. It may be worth a look...
http://youtu.be/5SvlIPjFm-E
Not a fair/even comparison Mick.

The guy is obviously trying to sell Kubota's. He's wearing orange for crying out loud. He's also comparing a bare bones entry level Deere CUT to a higher featured Kubota.

I guess he forgot to mention the part about the steel hood/fenders rusting and denting if something falls from the FEL bucket, while you can slam a ball bat down across the hood of the Deere without it denting or being damaged, or that Deere had tractor mounted joysticks on their [I]main tractor [/I]lines years before Kubota ever did.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Which Deere should he be comparing to?

Old 09-19-2011, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn king View Post
I have owned 3 new kubota tractors since 2000. Never had a machine die on a job or experienced any catastrophic breakdown what so ever! I like the fact that kubota builds the frame,tranny,engine,etc (like mack)! As far as kubota being years behind deere in technology,can you say hydrostat plus?
I'm not suprised at all lawnking. As I've said repeatedly here, Kubota makes darn good stuff. I said a few years behind- as in two or three (sometimes as much as four) years behind in tec. You are making it sound like I said a decade or more.

However, looking at their website shows the hydrostat plus trans as still being on a tredal pedal. Not exactly cutting edge technology. On top of that, it was their answer to Deere's E-hydro which uses side by side hydro pedals, and was out first.

Except for the smallest Deere CUT's (and some of their bare bones entry level stuff like that in the link above), the rest of their line is made entirely by them, including their engines at their plants (mainly in Augusta Georgia).

One other reason I like Deere, is that while some of their parts come from over seas, the main profit money stays here, with the parent company here in the USA. Kubota's may be made here now, and have their headquarters in California, but the profit money still ends up back at the mother company in Japan ( http://www.kubota-global.net/c-data/affiliates.html ). In these times of a world economy, I do whatever I can to support this country, 'cause no other country lets us sell our stuff there like we do them here.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Which Deere should he be comparing to?
That would be more in line with the 3020 series Deere. Heck, even the older 790 (great tractors by the way) had a few more useful features than the 3032E (E, for economy) series Deere do. There's nothing wrong with the 3032E series other than they are really stripped down entry level machines for people who simply can't afford anything more. The Kubota in that video is a dedicated utility tractor and has features designed for that application, hence the name-Special Utility.

There are always videos coming and going comparing this one to that one.

There was a video on the net that compared the Deere 4320 CUT(48 HP) to the slightly larger Kubota L5030 CUT(52.2 HP) that showed what they can do in side by side tests pulling a weighted sled. Since Deere re-did their website, it is no longer on it, or the web. The link was www.JohnDeere.com/TractorPull . The Deere 4320 out pulled it by a noticable degree, mainly because of the way it transfered its power to the ground via their load match system.

It's all in who's making the video, and for what purpose.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 09-19-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Fair call!!!! I wasnt trying to play sides, just show a vid!
I do own a little Kub 1999 B1700 HST though. Great little machine for around the yard.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Fair call!!!! I wasnt trying to play sides, just show a vid!
I do own a little Kub 1999 B1700 HST though. Great little machine for around the yard.
It must come in handy on some of the hills I've seen in your youtube videos, no? How's the new rear tires on your Hustler working out?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I feel the B1700 is a little top heavy so am very careful which way I approach slopes! It can climb just about anything though, even with turf tires.

Its a little early to tell with the tires. I can say that thin and or damp soil/grass does not like them. Tight turning around trees etc isnt great but we're just coming out of winter and grass hasnt really kicked off properly yet. I'll give a report when I have a more time on them. Traction is great so far though. Maybe a bit too good!