Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-19-2011, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
I feel the B1700 is a little top heavy so am very careful which way I approach slopes! It can climb just about anything though, even with turf tires.

Its a little early to tell with the tires. I can say that thin and or damp soil/grass does not like them. Tight turning around trees etc isnt great but we're just coming out of winter and grass hasnt really kicked off properly yet. I'll give a report when I have a more time on them. Traction is great so far though. Maybe a bit too good!
I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but since you are here............
I was thinking the same thing about tearing the sod. Though we are just heading into fall here, the grass conditions are about as sensitive as in the early spring it seems. I would like to try them though, and would really like to read your reveiw when you get it up on the board here.

I bet there's no more sliding sideways into the garage though eh?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
All of these machines get used for many applications other than loader or backhoe work, so hand picking the stats that seem to make your case is disingenuous of you, because it totally overlooks all the other uses for these machines, and things/uses that are more common to them than loader/backhoe work.

I've posted plenty of links to the stats you are citing, as well as those for Deere, and anyone who can read can see there's not much difference in the lifts capacities between them (which I didn't bring up, you guys did. Rather I said that Deere had better features first, and more often still does). There are notable differences in overall design and build between the 2630 and 2520 as a whole ie; weight, engines displacement, etc., just as I posted above, as well as all the things that I listed that Deere has been doing for a long time and are relatively new on Kubby's. The 3 range trans is not really useful on the smaller machines like it is on the larger ones. You simply want to overlook the facts bro.

The newer design FEL for the 2630 (going by Kubby's stats) says the lift is 952 lbs at the pin. The stats for my 410 loader for my 4115 shows 882 at the pin. Since the Kubby loader is a newer design than the 410, obviously Kubota came out with their stats to better what the older 410 loader could do, and it isn't by much. Before that though, and just as I have been saying, Deere has always beaten them, and will again. It's only a matter of time (and really quite stupid to keep going beyond what any of these machines are comfortable doing, regardless of who builds them). Anything that Kubota can now do better, is fairly recent, and designed to better Deere for sales purposes obviously. Same at the 3 point. I know that the 2520 is heavier than a 2630, and I wouldn't want to be able to lift more than what it is rated for at 24" behind the links with that size tractor, FEL or not. Having an extra 100 lbs capacity doesn't provide me with anything that I can honestly use on this size machine.

Regardless, you have been making my point for me with your last couple posts. The Kubota 2630 is a lighter machine than the Deere 2520, but it's loader lifts more. That doesn't translate into longevity for the Kubby's tractor life. The specs/stats on the Deere 2520 itself as a tractor do though.

These machines get used for much more than just loader/backhoe work. Truth be told, neither of the smaller machines we are talking about here is the ideal choice for backhoe work/use. Having more engine displacement and overall weight goes a long way towards a longer useful life of the machine. So does the lower rated engine speed, and larger displacement engines on the Deere.

When it comes down to it, it's all a sales pitch once a particular performance point is reached on any of these machines, because their size/build, and weight are what limits them to what they can really do for an extended amount of time in service/use, so having the highest lift for the sake of having it, without the size/build to take advantage of it over the long haul is pointless, and I don't care who makes it. The ability needs to match the capacity.

Obviously we are never going to agree, so there's no need to keep going on with this, with you. I'll let the other readers/posters here decide for themselves what they believe after reading up on all the stats-both past and present, and what was offered in the past (and/or first) by both Co's then decide if what I've been saying is wrong or right.
You haven't taken a look at the size of the front axles on the B2630 or B3030 machines have you? considerably larger than the Yanmar design on the 2320, 2520, 2720 series.....I believe they are designed to handle more front end weight.....the 410 loader is an older antiquated design, replaced by the 200 series....deere has always rated these loaders at 800 lbs at the pin...kubota loader LA403 on the B2630/B3030 series is 1091 at the pins.....that's a huge difference.....the 4115 has been replaced by the 2520, and they have been making these machines since the 4100 back in 1998....they never really boost anything since then, maybe even de-rated the machines....410 loader was at one time at 881 lbs at the pins, but now the 200 CX is at 800 lbs even thought its a better loader all the way around ( I had a 410 CX loader)...

If your not using the machine with a FEL or backhoe, your really not using the machine fully in my opinion...I use them to their max, including a brush hog in the back.....the B series are rated to lift 24" in the 3pt at 1676 lbs....deere is only at 1150 lbs.....another huge difference

you keep taking about weight difference between the machines and there is only a 34 lbs difference - weight can always be added, and in this case takes nothing away from the frame strength or axle longevity from Kubota as you imply....

I posted the specs earlier...calling me disingenuous is really funny, and i'm not sure you fully understand the vernacular your trying to use.....keep it simple, ok bud?

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Guy called me on the 790. Has 100hrs, loader, blade, box scraper, bush hog and 72" finish mower 12500. With Trailer 13200. Going to look at it tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSide Cutter View Post
Guy called me on the 790. Has 100hrs, loader, blade, box scraper, bush hog and 72" finish mower 12500. With Trailer 13200. Going to look at it tomorrow.
Ok, im gonna just say it....you really should be looking at a hydro - a straight gear tractor, is one giant pain in the ass and painfully unproductive compared to hydros.....shuttle shifts/power reversers or GST at a bare minimum, with hydro preferred.....you can find used in that range with a hydro....just need to hold ground until you find something

www.machineunderground.com

Kubota L39 w/grapple, pallet forks, BH & QA buckets, Thumb and more!
John Deere 2520, 210Cx, 46BH
Cub Cadet 3204 with Blower & Simms Cab,
Ford 2006 F550 turbo diesel 4x4 w/11' mason dump, Wright Stander RH 52",
Better Outdoor Product Quick 32" WB mower, and more !!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Member

"... should be looking at a hydro - a straight gear tractor, is one giant pain in the ass and painfully unproductive compared to hydros.....shuttle shifts/power reversers or GST at a bare minimum, with hydro preferred...."

Depends. There are pros and cons. Here are some; I'm sure you can suggest others.

-Simple gear models don't rob power and don't need to get rid of heat from another mechanism. -Some systems don't provide enough gear ranges for all applications, and don't have the "cruise control" feature. -Many need the same foot for braking and going (with cars you don't need to use both at the same time on occasion).

But they are good if -you don't want to keep pumping the clutch pedal or you have inexperienced operators you want to make things simple for -you don't need to brake often -you need precision control in tight areas
Old 09-27-2011, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati996 View Post
Ok, im gonna just say it....you really should be looking at a hydro - a straight gear tractor, is one giant pain in the ass and painfully unproductive compared to hydros.....shuttle shifts/power reversers or GST at a bare minimum, with hydro preferred.....you can find used in that range with a hydro....just need to hold ground until you find something
Agreed 100% Go hydro.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Hydro is only way to go. Deere, kubota, does not matter. both are good machines and will serve you well for years if cared for. that said, I would def. get a tractor the physical frame size of the 4310 you are looking at. If you are going to bush hog and grade, these tractors are more suited to this than a small frame machine like a 2520 or B2630, because they handle wider attachments. Lift height is also much higher. I would not get a 4310 though I had a 4410 and sold it after hearing all the nightmares the electronic controls caused. Current deeres went back to levers for stuff like 4WD and diff lock and that is much more reliable. DO NOT buy a deere economy tractor like 3203 or 3032 or 3038 E. Hydraulics are super rough and lift capacity is around 1/2 to 2/3 that or nicer deeres. No experience with economy Kubotas. Be patient and a used deal will come along. You may save money by buying attachments on Craigslist. look long enough and you will find them dirt cheap. If you are buying new, a Grand L40 series is hard to beat. Have looked very hard at the quality and robustness of both brands, and sad to say I have been a JD man for almost 20 years but next tractor will be Kubota either L5740 or L45 TLB just my $.02 let us know how it works out post pics of what u end up with.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 2008, grand L 40 series kubota. Its a beautiful machine! Not too heavy or light, tons of hydraulic power (fel-3 pt), position control, decent pto power, luxury cab with strong ac/heat, suspension seat, intellipanel. Good lighting inside & out, decent on fuel, hydrosrat + tranny, this list goes on & on! You will have to search far and wide to find someone who does not like this series from kubota!