Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-04-2011, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

New Business

Im 16 and next summer i want to start a mowing business.What are some main things I want to do when starting. I am going to start with 2 push mowers, weed eater, and leaf blower. I am going to put flyers in mailboxes and stuff.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You are not allowed to put flyers in maiboxes. Put them in door handles and such
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-06-2011, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

get general liability insurance. Yeah some guys will say you don't need it, but it's worth it. Insurance is cheaper than having to replace a window if you accidentally hit a rock with the mower and put it through the homeowners car window. A few years ago a buddy of mine put a rock through a customer's front door, this summer a good friend's landscaper shot a rock with weedwacker over 100 feet right into his custom made stained glass window about 8' x 6'. Costs the landscapers insurance well over 10k to replace. What about the unthinkable of accidentaly hitting a little kid in the head with a rock you could shoot up, you're responsible for his medical bills. Being underage your parents might be open to suit too.

This is why I strongly recommend anyone getting into this to look into buying insurance before looking into buying trimmers, mowers, blowers etc. If you can't get insurance than you shouldn't be doing this until you can