Register free!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidb6 View Post
I kinda though this wouldnít be such an easy question. Feeding now makes sense; no problem with that.
If the logic is feeding in fall is the most important Iím still not sure how to do this or maybe this statement is not correct. I know I can use synthetic but I donít want to harm all the work I have been doing to go organic.
Seems to me if I feed organic to late in the season I run the risk of either run-off or mold. If that is the case it would make more sense just to wait until spring to feed and make Sept the last feeding.
"Runoff" is no more a threat in October than in July... It all depends on when the cloudbursts occur... Frozen turf is a different story...

Just be sure that all of your organic matter is in the soil and protected by the roots of the plants, so it doesn't wash over the top of the terrain.... and you'll be fine...

Undigested organic material sitting on top of the soil, is really made evident by the snow, and by the sediments at the bottom of the regional drain... Usually a swamp, lake or stream... common sense makes sense...