Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:08 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Jim has the same enthusiasm level for RB that i do for RM remotes. Gotta like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 PM
txirrigation txirrigation is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
That's not true at all. You don't have to use their logo anywhere, ever, if you don't want to. I do use their main RAIN BIRD logo on most of my trucks and trailers. But nobody from RB ever asked me to do that. In fact, I had to ask them to make sure it was okay to do that. And I paid for all of them on my own. My truck lettering guy does those for me, not RB. There are three reasons I like their logo on my truck. 1) I am proud to be an installer of RB products. 2) RB has killer name recognition. Hands down, the most respected name in the industry to homeowners. I want to be associated with that. It lends credibility to us. 3) People who have RB systems (which is like 75% of homeowners in this area) see that logo and assume (correctly) that we are specialists in RB systems. So they call us first after seeing that logo on our trucks. But the notion that to be in the Select Contractor Program you have to use their logos is 100% B.S. So is the notion that you have to use only RB products to be in their Select program.

And by the way, I've seen just as many old washed-out landscape trucks and trailers with the Toro logo on the side as I've seen Rain Bird. Doesn't mean Toro is all that bad. Especially as of late, they got some pretty nice products out on the market. It just means that a lot of irrigators have gone out of business over the years. No surprise there.

I don't know why you gotta be hating on the RB Select Program when you really don't know much about it..... IMO, it's the best rewards program out there. I've never been treated so well or had such excellent customer support from any other company in all the years I've been doing business. IMO, their program is better than anything else out there. They've routinely proven that to me and that's another reason I'm proud to display their name on our trucks and website.
Expert with Rainbird products? Maybe you can educate me on how installing Rainbird is any different than any other brand. Rainbird has it's place, but isn't always the best option. The "ESP" controller is much harder for home owners to program than Hunter Pro-C. The risers are much harder to adjust than a Hunter Pro-Spray. Most of the time you end up turning the spray body on the threads before the riser will adjust.

Don't get me wrong I like Rainbird on large resi installs, as the controller has a few more programming options. It just rubs me wrong when people exclusively use one product because that is all they are comfortable with (thats what it really comes down to).

Expert Rainbird installer---... gag me. You hit a sore spot with me because there is a "used car salesman" type in my area that shoves Rainbird down peoples throat. I am a "Select Contractor" also, but you wont see me labeling my company with anything other my my company name.

And the "Smart Controller" sucks unless you program controllers for a living, and tell the home owner not to touch anything.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,688
say, would it be off-topic to note that the title of the thread has a spelling error?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
Expert with Rainbird products? Maybe you can educate me on how installing Rainbird is any different than any other brand. And the "Smart Controller" sucks unless you program controllers for a living, and tell the home owner not to touch anything.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 PM
hoskm01's Avatar
hoskm01 hoskm01 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix Metro
Posts: 5,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
say, would it be off-topic to note that the title of the thread has a spelling error?
It's the celebratory, lube me up for a cruise mai Tai talking. You ever ben to the Carriben?
__________________
Crayons taste like Purple
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:40 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Mitch is alright i guess. He didn't follow through for me on getting my name listed on the rb site as a supplier of mc cables so ill give him a h8 as a rep.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoskm01 View Post
It's the celebratory, lube me up for a cruise mai Tai talking. You ever ben to the Carriben?
I remember spending a few weeks, without any outside assistance, on trying to recreate a mai tai - almost nailed it
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Tom Tom Tom Tom is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
The "ESP" controller is much harder for home owners to program than Hunter Pro-C.
I see the opposite
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-07-2011, 12:40 AM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tom View Post
I see the opposite
Ditto. I find, and my customers find, that the ESPs are easier.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-07-2011, 01:53 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
And the "Smart Controller" sucks unless you program controllers for a living, and tell the home owner not to touch anything.
Yea ..... like it is so difficult to actually learn your job instead of blindly stumbling through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
Ditto. I find, and my customers find, that the ESPs are easier.
Probably because like most HO's and irrigators, they don't have a clue how to properly water a landscape, so they just water the shiit out of it and all is good.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.

Page generated in 0.13060 seconds with 8 queries