Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-07-2011, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Umm, what controller do you use that gives a warning to your I-whatever phone whenever a nozzle plugs?
Our city water doesn't plug nozzles - my pumped water gets strained.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The more I think about a cruise with fellow contractors, I'd have to find out who the crew was.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Definition of Appreciation (redirected to Gratitude) from Wikipedia:
Gratitude is an emotion that occurs after people receive help, depending on how they interpret the situation. Specifically, gratitude is experienced if people perceive the help they receive as (a) valuable to them, (b) costly to their benefactor, and (c) given by the benefactor with benevolent intentions (rather than ulterior motives).

Sometimes people, like manufacturers, reps, distributors, etc., act a certain way towards you for their own gain. That doesn't mean that they respect you or even like you.
And yes, I asked them.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkus View Post
Sometimes people, like manufacturers, reps, distributors, etc., act a certain way towards you for their own gain. That doesn't mean that they respect you or even like you.
And yes, I asked them.
If you think I got to where I am because I am naive and can't tell the difference between a salesman blowing smoke up my A$$ and one who has a genuine interest in developing a business relationship that will benefit me and him, then you're the naive one.

I'm still close with the guy who got me involved with the RB Rewards program and into the Select Contractor program. And he's not even with RB anymore. Left the company over 2 years ago. He had been there over 20 years. I'm kind of thinking if he was just blowing smoke all these years he wouldn't still be getting together and hanging out with me. He's a great guy and I've enjoyed the relationship. And I can tell the difference between things that are done for their gain and things that are legitimately good business opportunities for me.

I'll tell you one thing. This nice long trip with free drinks in the middle of the Caribbean is going to be pretty beneficial for ME!

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 09-07-2011, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

izzat a Cuban cigar?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just drove through eastern WA and OR. That is borderline desert at least this year it looks that way. Pretty rugged beautiful country. Lots of pivots. Saw a massive tree farm on I90? Green something. Those trees are planted so close together i don't know how they dig them up. Right now im set up at one of the cleanest state campsites I've ever seen. 20 miles n of klmath. OR either has high taxes or some serious revenue because their roads are pristine condition.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
I just drove through eastern WA and OR. That is borderline desert at least this year it looks that way. Pretty rugged beautiful country. Lots of pivots. Saw a massive tree farm on I90? Green something. Those trees are planted so close together i don't know how they dig them up. Right now im set up at one of the cleanest state campsites I've ever seen. 20 miles n of klmath. OR either has high taxes or some serious revenue because their roads are pristine condition.
Posted via Mobile Device
What kind of tree farm? If its softwood they are planted close together to keep branches from growing , hereby reducing knots.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Who's ready for a drink?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
If you think I got to where I am because I am naive and can't tell the difference between a salesman blowing smoke up my A$$ and one who has a genuine interest in developing a business relationship that will benefit me and him, then you're the naive one.

I'm still close with the guy who got me involved with the RB Rewards program and into the Select Contractor program. And he's not even with RB anymore. Left the company over 2 years ago. He had been there over 20 years. I'm kind of thinking if he was just blowing smoke all these years he wouldn't still be getting together and hanging out with me. He's a great guy and I've enjoyed the relationship. And I can tell the difference between things that are done for their gain and things that are legitimately good business opportunities for me.

I'll tell you one thing. This nice long trip with free drinks in the middle of the Caribbean is going to be pretty beneficial for ME!

I see where you are coming from. I install RB products about 50% of the time, and they always work well. In fact I install Rainbird alves on every system because they are easy to service, and work great.

I just can't see how exclusively using one brand could be beneficial for anyone but the brand. I take a look at the yard and make a suggestion based on the strengths and weaknesses of the products.

How do you like the new HE spray nozzel?
Old 09-09-2011, 03:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
How do you like the new HE spray nozzel?
Well, I haven't had a LOT of opportunity to use it on a large scale yet. I started testing them for RB a little over a year ago. I have had them in my back yard since that time and at one other property. Seemed to work good even then, but they've made some improvements since then. Unfortunately, I was only given 20 to product test. And when they came out this spring I was chomping at the bit to get them but then they came out only in the Southern United States. They weren't available here up North until just last week. I ended up getting my hands on them anyway. Ewing has the exclusive on them for now. So I convinced the local Ewing to get one of the Southern Ewing stores to transfer some up here. And I finally got my first 200 of them about 2 months ago.

The problem from that point was I still had a good $1000 of U-Series nozzles in stock, in the back of my pickup. And I didn't want to just throw those away. So we've been installing those on every irrigation install, slow draining down my stock of them. We just did two more installs this week so now I'm getting fairly low.

I had one job where it just didn't make sense to use fixed arc nozzles. So we went with the new HE nozzles on that one. They seem to have worked fine. I went back several weeks later and all the new plants and trees were still alive, despite the heat we've been having. So seems to be working.

They're a little more difficult to adjust than the regular vans. But then again I haven't really used regular vans in years. Always going for the more efficient options. So U-Series have been my nozzle of choice for a long time. I felt these new HE were a little more difficult to adjust. And they definitely LOOK different. That is, the spray pattern is unlike anything I've ever seen before. But the U.D. is great. They are much more efficient. And they seem to be pretty reliable. Even the test ones I have in my back yard still seem to be working fine after a year.

So I've been pretty impressed with them. Can't wait to start using them more.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon