Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-22-2011, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_scaper70 View Post
CHECK OUT THIS WEB SITE, AND THE JOB PERCENTAGE OF NO HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION THROUGH A BACHELORS? YOU DO THE MATH.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t04.htm
Well unfortunately you are relying on the government to do the math and you know what that means. Unemploymment rates are a red herring. They don't reflect people who have just given up looking for a job or their enemployment has run out, people who have gone back to school because they can't find a job and the most troubling, those who are under employed- your laid off Phd working at Home Depot to put food on the table.

As a teacher you should know that high schools today do not turn out graduates that are ready for life any more. If they did those statistics would be different.

I have to laugh at the guy above who says you should study finance, accounting, or economics. That's OK if that's where your interests are. But to major in that just in the hope you will get a job- hell, I would rather blow my brains out right now than suffer through a life of misery doing something I hate even if it did make money.