Register free!

Old 11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I am the opposite of you, about 80% of my customers are irrigated. (I work in irrigation also). This year must have been really tough on you with the drought. I don't have near the volume you have, just a part timer at this point. Sounds like you really have it going on. What fall pre's do you use.
Ancient Chinese Secret.... I'll PM you. I need to anyway. I was going to ask you about that extra bottle of Revolver

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 11-08-2011, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
Ted, its been a little over two weeks since you posted this what do you think. I sprayed my front yard with 3oz per thousand of GMS 6000sqft at .73gal per thousand form a Z four weeks ago it looks good.
I'd love to see some progress pictures if you get the time to post them.

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olcllc View Post
I'd love to see some progress pictures if you get the time to post them.
Will do in the morning
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Depends on how much this costs per lb of K. I also need to consider the source of K as well. This is liquid potassium hydroxide. My concern is with how well this would tank mix with other products such as micronutrients. Overall, greenhouse grade crystalline potassium nitrate is the better product. I have a hard time finding something that has all of the positive attributes for better money. I am normally getting. Another thing to look into is KTS or potassium thiosulfate. That is normally available in 275 gallon cubes. However, it too is very alkaline, risky to spray on at low volumes and not irrigate in immediately.
I have found a sprayable source of potassium sulfate at a decent price. I was wondering why you prefer potassium nitrate. I know nitrate is a saltier product but has slightly less chlorine.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Potassium nitrate is the most soluble out of the two. It is not hard to get 1 lb of potassium nitrate to mix into 5 gallons of solution.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, thanks.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
In acidic clay soils, dependent on calcium levels, a good nitrogen source is calcium nitrate. This is almost like liming the soil minus the dusty mess and slow reaction. On acidic soils, most of my N comes from calcium nitrate instead of ammonium sulfate. In another thread, I detailed three or so different soil conditions I deal with. The fertilization program changes dependent on the soil. I do not have the good fortune of one type of soil. A one size fits all "lawn fertilizer" blend might get the grass green. But at what long term cost?
Is there anyway you could point me to the thread where you discuss the different soils and how your program changes with them?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...9&postcount=44

I did not give the rates of what I apply there, but my fertilizer is custom blended to address the deficiencies without adding to the excesses.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I can formulate a liquid for no more than $200 per acre where the color lasts for more than 30 days.
Holy Smokes! you're spending $200 per acre per month on fertilizer alone
Old 02-02-2012, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The kinds of grass I deal with do not do well with urea, coated urea or any potassium chloride. I also have to either raise or lower pH, as well as add available micronutrients. My state might as well be a foreign country for all intents and purposes. A bag of anything or a gallon of anything costs 20% more than it does on the continent.