Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-08-2011, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Billy goat blower on Ferris walk behind mower

Has anyone hooked a billy goat blower up to the front of a walk behind mower? I looked into the jrco blower carrier but they say it won't work properly. I was at the hardware store today looking at a heavy duty caster wheel that I wanted to hook up to the front of the blower so it can swivel along with the mower and I was trying to think of a way to mount the back two tires to the mower. Any ideas?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I welded this up for my toro and It works awsome.I know its not a walk behind but you might be able to get a better Idea for yourself.Hope this helps a little.It wont let me upload pics.go to thread ztr mounted blowers and see there.
BR 600,Shindy eb 802,pb770
fs 90 r,km 90r,km100
9 hp little wonder push blower
19t ,310 stihl saws
tiller,chainsaw,edger,hedge clipper Kombi- attachments
hs 80
2003 F-350,7.3 on STEROIDS
24 ft enclosed trailer
7x14 ft Dump trailer
Old 09-08-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&R Enterprise View Post
I welded this up for my toro and It works awsome.I know its not a walk behind but you might be able to get a better Idea for yourself.Hope this helps a little.It wont let me upload pics.go to thread ztr mounted blowers and see there.
can you copy and paste the link?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i've made my own buggy and use it on the walkbehinds or riders all the time. If you look up posts of my username you should be able to find a picture of mine.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been told that the weight up front will cause my mowers tires to slip especially when going up a hill. I was wanting to get some of the weight on the mower instead of in front of the mower so the tires can handle it better. I could maybe rig something to pull it behind me.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Here's what I did on my Lazer...

I bought a Giant Vac dolly off a guy on here, they don't make them anymore, and I thought the JRCO's were really cheaply made and HI-DOLLAR, but put in a request on here for a used Giant Vac one like I did. I have a 13HP Little Wonder and it's HEAVY, but it works good. The only time it was a little clumsy was when I was turning in sandy soil...since you're turning FOUR wheels up front..mower and dolly. Saves a lot of time, especially when there's not a lot of obstacles to go around. Here's a pic of my setup. I actually welded the u-clamps to the front spindle posts 'cause I was afraid of the clamps sliding down on all the bumps, considering the weight and the little room where they are mounted. I just leave the bar on there all the time for extra support, though it could be removed from the U-clamps, and as you can see in the second pic, the dolly mounts to it with 2 large pins. I know this isn't your exact setup, but maybe it'll give you some ideas.
Regards,
David Innis
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2011, 06:13 AM
LawnSite Member

P.s.

I just strap the blower to the dolly with one heavy duty wratched strap, and you can remove the pins and take it all off as one unit and use just the mower if you need to. Helps to put a block under the rear of the dolly to hold the weight when removing the pins, since once you remove one, the other binds from holding all the weight...unless you have someone there to help hold it. Just sayin'.
-David
Old 09-12-2011, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like a good set up. I'm going to the hardware store in a few days to buy some metal and wheels to start my trial and error... many errors I'm sure.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:42 AM
LawnSite Member

My life story, Brother....my life story. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson Lawn Care View Post
That looks like a good set up. I'm going to the hardware store in a few days to buy some metal and wheels to start my trial and error... many errors I'm sure.
Things don't EVER turn out to be as easy as they first appear *smile*
--David
Old 09-13-2011, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know who said the JRCO blower buggys don't work, because they do. However, Federal's setup appears as if it would probably work even better. It is lower to the ground. While the JRCO is lowered, it is stiil just a bit off the ground enough to lose some force. I like the way it (Federal's) was thought ahead and the back of the pan was curved up to ski over any high spots while backing up.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.