Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
dapozer dapozer is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Littleton, colo
Posts: 52
Pro V and sulky. What works best????

I am testing a Pro v 48 and wondering what sulky people are using? I am unable to demo/test a rs-s single wheel and have tried a bullrider (I am not a fan) and Velke x2. The x2 is my favorite but i feel like I am way to far back and lean over way to much. What is everyone else using?
__________________
GREEN by DESIGN Landscape Maintenance and More
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 PM
jfoxtrot9's Avatar
jfoxtrot9 jfoxtrot9 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapozer View Post
I am testing a Pro v 48 and wondering what sulky people are using? I am unable to demo/test a rs-s single wheel and have tried a bullrider (I am not a fan) and Velke x2. The x2 is my favorite but i feel like I am way to far back and lean over way to much. What is everyone else using?
Jungle wheels is similar to the velke but you can adjust how far the platform is from the mower to best fit you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2011, 11:22 AM
metro36's Avatar
metro36 metro36 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,333
I dont have a pro-v but proslide is the best sulky in my opinion. I have used the velke x1 and x2, exmark standon, toro tru track, and jungle wheels. I find proslide to be the most comfortable, efficient, and it leaves some sweet stripes.
__________________
More equipment then I know what to do with.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Bates Lawn Care's Avatar
Bates Lawn Care Bates Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Trenton,SC
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
I dont have a pro-v but proslide is the best sulky in my opinion. I have used the velke x1 and x2, exmark standon, toro tru track, and jungle wheels. I find proslide to be the most comfortable, efficient, and it leaves some sweet stripes.
Im with Metro36 proslide is the best
__________________
2006 Ford F250 6.0 Powerstroke
2012 Exmark Lazer Z X-Series 60/29
Honda 21"
Stihl FC95
Stihl FS110R FS90R
RedMax 8050
Husqvarna Saw

www.PremierTurfManagement.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 PM
dutchacres dutchacres is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Franklin, Indiana
Posts: 485
I have the rss scag sulky for my pro v and don't waste your money on it. This is the first single wheel sulky I have ever owned and will be my last. It isn't bad and is built great but I think it is to far off the ground and the caster wheel doesn't spin so it makes it a challenge to back up. I am actually looking to replace mine with another brand but would like to stick with the fixed sulky w/ caster wheels. I do know that velke offers two different lengths of the arm coming back from the mower. When I purchased my Deere 7H17 they put the longer one on it and I felt like I was leaning over all the time so they switched it to the shorter one and made so much difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:18 AM
dapozer dapozer is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Littleton, colo
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
I have the rss scag sulky for my pro v and don't waste your money on it. This is the first single wheel sulky I have ever owned and will be my last. It isn't bad and is built great but I think it is to far off the ground and the caster wheel doesn't spin so it makes it a challenge to back up. I am actually looking to replace mine with another brand but would like to stick with the fixed sulky w/ caster wheels. I do know that velke offers two different lengths of the arm coming back from the mower. When I purchased my Deere 7H17 they put the longer one on it and I felt like I was leaning over all the time so they switched it to the shorter one and made so much difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sent you a pm.
Shawn
__________________
GREEN by DESIGN Landscape Maintenance and More
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.08578 seconds with 7 queries