Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2011, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Member

usm??

i recently have been notified that two accounts ive been doing all year are being taken over by usm management. ive been doing these accounts for the better part of 6 years, what should i expect from this company??
Old 08-16-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

USM will try to set the price that they pay you. It will be an extremely low price. If you agree to the contract, they may also try to skip a payment here and there.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Interesting, i spoke with the guy today and he assured me the pricing was going to change...go figure. lol
Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bend over and grab the KY.

And buy lots of ink for all the paperwork.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Member

the part i find interesting is that neither the customer or usm have any problem telling me that the signed contract and po that was issued are null and void at the end of this month. sounds like a great company to do business with. Im sure from the sounds of it that a south of the border company will probably be the only ones capable of working as cheap as they want me to....
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What are their prices like? Like on what you would price a yard $35-$40, what would they price it at?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Member

im not sure, havent gotten that far yet...ill let you know...
Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ok sounds good
Old 08-18-2011, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have worked for USM for the last 6 years and they pay slow as hell, but they do always pay, you have to jump through a burning hoop and juggle flaming tennis balls, but we have been paid for everything we have ever done for them. They pay above average for what we do for them, so we just figure in the extra time to collect. I wouldn't recommend this to a smaller business, it will kill cash flow. They will lie to you about the same invoice 3 times before they pay it, then want you to take a 5 % discount to do a quik pay on the invoice you have already waited on for 60 days. So Become friends with the store manager, help them out on their home and have a few extra invoices laying around for them to sign off on.

Mail and fax every invoice at least 3 times after you bill them, this helps speed things up a little, then they only say they didn't get it 2 times after that.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordsuvparts View Post
They will lie to you about the same invoice 3 times before they pay it, then want you to take a 5 % discount to do a quik pay on the invoice you have already waited on for 60 days. So Become friends with the store manager, help them out on their home and have a few extra invoices laying around for them to sign off on.

Mail and fax every invoice at least 3 times after you bill them, this helps speed things up a little, then they only say they didn't get it 2 times after that.
if you treated your vendors like that, would they want to do business with you? so you have to pick weeds at the store managers house for free so he'll help assist you to get you paid?