Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-26-2011, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Member

haha ok but i have made customers because their current service just mulched over the leaves. but whatever works for you i don't have a problem with it
Shindaiwa T272, M231, EB802
RedMax EBZ8500 EBZ8001
Stihl FS-130
Honda Hrc & Hrx
BillyGoat Force 18hp
Old 09-26-2011, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a handheld blower/vac, backback blowers, a 10HP walk behind blower, a rear bagger for my mower and a leaf vac/loader. The handheld blower/vac is strictly for detail work. For my solo operation the leaf loader didn't work. If I had a dump truck instead of a dump trailer that might change, but I have to pick between bringing my mower or the vac, so the mower wins. In general I use the backpack blowers to blow the leaves out to where I can grind them up a little and pick them up with the mower.

For about half of my lawns I blow the heavy accumulations to the woods and pick the rest up with the mower....large 2+ acre yards surrounded by woods. The other half don't have onsite disposal options so the leaves are gound up and picked up with the mower which I haul in my dump trailer in the spring and fall. My experience is that mulching works, to a point. You won't see me trying to mulch heavy accumulations of leaves into a lawn.