Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-09-2000, 03:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

well I just recived a flyer for a rebate from scagg on walk beinds right now I use a turf tiger..buying the walk behind would come in handy and cut down time but to be honest I do ok on time now...however I am looking and have been growing steady the past two years and I look to grow more..Should I buy a larger trailer now and walk behind...or wait until next year...I guess Im thinking some commercial sites might see me this year looking a little larger buisness outfit and askme to bid next year..or who knows I could be a idot wanting to spend money.......
Old 07-09-2000, 04:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Heres my opinion.<p>1) Shiney equipment and big trucks and dozens of workers and all that doesn't impress me, and shouldn't impress you either. Your bottom line is what counts!! So, if getting the bigger trailer is just to impress some business owners, your doing ot for the wrong reasons.<p>2) Why wait for a commercial customer to ASK YOU to bid their job. Shouldn't you be asking them?? You don't have to wait for an invitation from them to find out how to place a bid on the job next season. <p>3) If you can afford the new stuff, and really think you can use it to bring down your time, go for it, but weigh your reasoning first.<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti