Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-06-2002, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cost of mailing list?

How much do you pay for a mailing list...per name and address? Are you able to use this more than once or is it copy righted somehow? Thanks for the advice....
Old 11-06-2002, 06:29 PM
Banned

depends on how you want your list to be.. what info do you want, what format.. the more you drill down, the higher the price goes. also is the list hot, or has it been used up.. when was it updated. there are so many variables, learn as much as you can before starting a direct mail campain
Old 11-07-2002, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Location: The Hottest driest city next to Hades - Denver Colorado
1999 price- $250 minimum for 10,000 names
add 55.00 for self adhesive labels
no cost for Cheshire labels (need to be glued at direct mail company)

I'm sure you could copy and enter the info for re-use, but most list companies will sell you a disk on bulk address lists.

If you are going to go to the trouble of entering the whole thing why buy the list? Instead compile it from Cole Directory or county assessor records.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the responce. I can't see 10,000 names and addresses of potential high end prospects selling for 250.00/10,000 though. I should have been more specific in my question. In my area I have been quoted .25-35 cents per address for hight end prospects. These list are copy righted to prevent you from uing them again also.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Location: The Hottest driest city next to Hades - Denver Colorado
That price I got was all single family addresses in a zip code, so not what you were looking for.
If you don't need a large list and want to target high income area's the Cole Directory at the library is still a good source.
It rates income by street in small sections, year home was purchased, and residents name. If you haven't seen it before take a look, it's an excellent resource.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:34 PM
Banned

www.acculeads.com

we have bought from these guy's before.. but keep in mind the more you drill down, the higher the cost.
crap they can get you female executives that are divorced, have 3 kids 2 dogs and make $400,000,000
if thats what you want
Old 11-08-2002, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

InfoUsa is supposedly the best as far as accurate leads. Even still you can expect 10-20% to be false leads. Hes right, the better the list is the more it costs. I dont see how the list can e copyrighted, its someones address. Its not like they can enforce that anyway.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Sales Leads / Mailing Lists

Our company publishes quarterly and annual reports on private, U.S.-based companies that have raised venture capital investments. These companies are private companies that have raised $300K to $100 million and are great sales leads. Our reports have a tremendous amount of contact information and they have been cited in over 100 business publications: http://www.growthink.com/inthenews.htm

If you cannot afford to pay thousands of dollars for D&B leads that a million salespeople before you have already contacted, please visit us at www.growthinkresearch.com to see what we have available.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Addict

I would caution against those mailing lists. Most of the names I got were outdated.
Old 11-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Banned

what list are you talking about? you had a list that was beat to death.. you pay more for a hot list... if you consider using marketing tactics like this, one really needs to educate themselves on how it works. what questions do you ask to the provider what type of reimbersment do they offer for dead leads and such.