Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-21-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Member

We only charge commission for leads obtained for that particular season. If they do not go with you the first year, but then they go directly to your site the following year and you close the sale in that 2nd year, then no commission fee would be billed to you. Having said that, if they go thru us that 2nd year and you close the deal that 2nd year, then yes, the commission is applied.
If in the event a customer goes through you and through us in the same season, we look at that on a case-by-case basis and see what time the lead arrived. If it came through you before it arrived on our site, then no commission fee applied (however if the reverse happens, then we would take credit).
Old 09-22-2012, 06:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tory what is your coverage area or I guess maybe I should say saturation in the Albany NY area? I did a direct mail program last year and gained absolutely NOTHING. I had a couple tire kicker calls no more no less. I have to figure out what in the h#ll I am missing. I am doing the direct mail this year and if the same results, will never do it again.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 09-22-2012, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Member

I tried direct mail myself last year and saw very little return. We will continue to focus on more online efforts of capturing leads as the Internet is where people are turning to when looking for reputable lighting companies.

Regarding your question about Albany - we have coverage over the entire state of NY. Most of the leads we got were in NYC followed by Buffalo, but then last year was our first year and we've improved since then. Let me see if I can put some things in motion to trigger more leads in the Albany area.

If you haven't signed up yet, go to http://www.christmaslightleads.com and setup a free account so when leads from Albany come in, they'll go directly to you.

Regards,
Tory Smith
ChristmasLightLeads.com
Old 09-22-2012, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Please lee me informed. As for signed up, should be all set from last year
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 09-22-2012, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If most of your leads were in the NYC area....how come I didnt get one lead from you guys last year?????
Old 09-23-2012, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
If most of your leads were in the NYC area....how come I didnt get one lead from you guys last year?????
I'm curious if you guys had any hits in the Boston Market? My account has just about every zipcode in Eastern MA listed and we didn't get a single lead last year. What are you guys going for online marketting? Obviously you can track the potential customers who contact you, but do you track the people who see or click on your links from different markets? I'm curios because we routinely search online to see how our adds appear and our competitors adds, I have yet to see a CCL add from searches online.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

perhaps this came from a different lead company, but I got an email that the leads are not commission based any longer, but a set fee.

I still feel that truck graphics, signs in early installs, service magic, website, EDDM postcards, and yellow pages are the best lead generators.

I closed a job last week from a lead off my back tailgate, and I did a bid for a large commercial building that was service magic exact match ( only goes to me).

"Christmas lights installed" with reflective letters on the back of trucks with phone number is around 100 bucks at my local sign shop. worth every penny.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
you have 10 posts, you can PM now if you would like.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I misspoke - most of our leads last year came from the southern part of the U.S. (a ton in Texas). Now we did get some in NY, and NYC took the lion's share. I just saw one come in from the Bronx the other day. Last year was our first year and I do anticipate seeing more leads come through (better search engine optimization and other efforts we're rolling out this season).

So to sum it up, I can't guarantee we'll drive hundreds of leads per major market (we're not at that scale yet), but we are growing. And we just changed the business model in 2012 where there's neither a subscription fee nor fee per lead, so it's a safe bet to sign up and be on standby for when leads do come your way.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
I'm curious if you guys had any hits in the Boston Market? My account has just about every zipcode in Eastern MA listed and we didn't get a single lead last year. What are you guys going for online marketting? Obviously you can track the potential customers who contact you, but do you track the people who see or click on your links from different markets? I'm curios because we routinely search online to see how our adds appear and our competitors adds, I have yet to see a CCL add from searches online.
You're correct - last year we didn't see much in the Boston area but we're working on some enhancements that will give Eastern MA more visibility. One of our sites for capturing leads is lightsofboston.com and when I search "christmas light installation boston" it's showing up in Google as #1 at the moment (this can vary depending on where you are searching from).

I encourage you to give it another try this season. Remember there is no subscription fee and this year we are not charging a fee per lead, so no risk in being a preferred contractor to get first dibs on the leads we generate.

Good luck this season,
Tory Smith
Founder
ChristmasLightLeads.com