Register free!

Old 10-02-2011, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

We go one step further and trim the hedges every visit if they need it. I have told my guys that the plants in the yard should look like they are plastic, never any growth, unless we are trying to grow something out.

It takes no time at all to trim an entire property if all your trimming are sprigs. There is zero cleanup, the mowers chop up what little debris there is and the properties look highly groomed. Unfortunately we are not the only ones doing this. Up here in the high end neighborhoods its the SOP for all LCO's. If you don't do it, you won't be around very long.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBatten View Post
We go one step further and trim the hedges every visit if they need it. I have told my guys that the plants in the yard should look like they are plastic, never any growth, unless we are trying to grow something out.

It takes no time at all to trim an entire property if all your trimming are sprigs. There is zero cleanup, the mowers chop up what little debris there is and the properties look highly groomed. Unfortunately we are not the only ones doing this. Up here in the high end neighborhoods its the SOP for all LCO's. If you don't do it, you won't be around very long.
oh yeah I hear ya! We will trim weekly too if needed but then we do use growth regulators so we can get about 2 weeks at most in between trimmings.

I forgot to mention sharp blades every day plus check tire pressure.

And we flat top all our edges.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone take pictures ????? My accounts had a few pictures taken this week ....but I will have to post later as I do not have time right now.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Anyone take pictures ????? My accounts had a few pictures taken this week ....but I will have to post later as I do not have time right now.
I got a bunch on my iphone but don't know how to transfer to here.