Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-26-2011, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That is quite the plan. I will PM you tonight, if you can get your foot in the door with sewer/waterline hook ups with the city, i would aim high and go straight for the prize! that is good work, and there is always sewer lines and water lines breaking in my city that they rip up the whole front yard for.

That is pretty awesome that you have the dream to build a motocross track, i always go to the silverdome(the old Detroit Lions statium) they have motocross in there every year and they haul in thousands of yards of soil for the event and work around the clock for weeks to get everything set up perfectly

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-26-2011, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah its lucrative. I've got a buddy who's dad has an in with one of the larger suburbs around here that is doing the sewer/water and let's just say he's not hurting lol. There is one more plan we have with excavations that ill tell you about via PM.

From what I remember there Hasnt been a supercross in Detroit for a while but same concept ha. My dream is to one day be the company that does all the track building/tear down for the AMA supercross series, they start building the tracks Tuesday or so for a Saturday race and then are usually completely outta there by Monday and off to the next race. However the more obtainable goal is owning a track or two that is apart of the local motocross series and then doing a bunch of the county fair races but make the tracks actually legit unlike what they are now which is usually small and tiny jumps.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-30-2011, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey do u have any pictures of how you did your back door on the leaf box. Im gonna do mine on tuesday with 2x8 also, wanted to see how you hung the gate.
48" Great Dane Surfer
48" Walker GHS
Stihl Handhelds
Old 10-30-2011, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

nice boat...you enjoyed one day so far
Old 10-30-2011, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmikka View Post
nice boat...you enjoyed one day so far
haha thanks man. Im not really stressed in the summer at all. Once i get out of classes in april, til about August i am worry free working around 45 hrs per week and going up north almost every weekend. But during school in the fall and late spring i am stressed out to the max!!!!!!

Im out on the boat from friday morning til sunday night if its nice in the summer. I work Mon-Thursday 7-6 and take friday off for a makeup day or extra work day.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmlandscape View Post
Hey do u have any pictures of how you did your back door on the leaf box. Im gonna do mine on tuesday with 2x8 also, wanted to see how you hung the gate.
I didnt use 2x8's for the back, i used a piece of plywood. 15/32" thick. I drilled 2x6's to the back of the piece of wood (on both sides, the top and a cross support) and left a 3" overhang on either side so it would sit flush with the sides when fully closed. I used 3, hinges on the top of the door so when the dump bed is up, it swings open and then i can drive away with the leaves coming out and the door closes when the dump bed is down.

Sorta have a problem with the dump mechinism right now and hoping to get it fixed soon, but it may just be hand unloading them until i get the dump fixed.

I can get some pictures tomorrow if you want.

Lmk,

Jason

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-31-2011, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=DLONGLANDSCAPING;4201684]haha thanks man. Im not really stressed in the summer at all. Once i get out of classes in april, til about August i am worry free working around 45 hrs per week and going up north almost every weekend. But during school in the fall and late spring i am stressed out to the max!!!!!!

Im out on the boat from friday morning til sunday night if its nice in the summer. I work Mon-Thursday 7-6 and take friday off for a makeup day or extra work day.[/QUOTE

There"s ONLY two days you enjoy a boat the day you buy it and the day you sell it. lol
Old 10-31-2011, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I never sold that boat, i still have it, bought it this summer with my dad n uncle for my cottage and for trips up north to the u.p. Must hahave misread the post.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2011, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think i misunderstood what you said. Thought u meant that i sold it. I enjoy this boat every time we go out on it. My uncles few handy so if anything goes wrong he will fix it or there is still warrenty until 2013 on everything, and sea ray winterizes and stores it for us as well in st. Clair Shores
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
I was thinking all these pictures would get more comments. guess my work isnt too great. Haha. More people are interested in equiopment than work on here.
Yup, sad how that works.... seems to be a theme on LS.

Your yards look amazing! Some of the best mowing I have seen.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite