Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just use really thick plywood (3/4) or if you want to use decking find someone who is tearing out a deck and reuse it. have done both with great results. the decking will emit more leaf dust though
Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
i used it all last year. Didnt really buy into the huge ratio of shredded leaves because when dumping they are all pretty solid, if not 1/2 the size, not 16 times smaller like billy goat represents.

I really wish i got the electric start as its a pain in the ass to start from an awkward angle and starting it so many times in the day.

You will love it if you:
1) Make zero to no extra length in discharge chuts(i found that the longer the shoot at the exhaust end of the 7" diameter exhaust elbow they give you, the better you will be. I had a ton of clogs last year right after the green tubing and this year i am having the tube go right into the truck with no tubular extension after the elboy)
2) Make sure you are running at full power and your throttle and governer are tuned right. Last year i was running it at about half throttle for 2 weeks and almost returned it.
3) Make sure you clean the air filter once a day with compressed air. Leaves fly everywhere if they are dry
4) Make sure your box that your loading in has proper ventilation and is big enough so you dont do one clean up and have to dump.
Wait so are you saying that I shouldn't add a hose to the discharge? I was planning to put it in the bed of my truck and run a 5-6' hose to my dump trailer. Originally I wanted to mount it over the tongue of the trailer but the guy at the welding shop was worried that the tongue wasn't long enough.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Wait so are you saying that I shouldn't add a hose to the discharge? I was planning to put it in the bed of my truck and run a 5-6' hose to my dump trailer. Originally I wanted to mount it over the tongue of the trailer but the guy at the welding shop was worried that the tongue wasn't long enough.
YES THATS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING. If you do have to add a hose use a large drainage pipe either pvc or polly. That is straight and hard and doesnt bend..... NOT THE HOSE THAT IS THE RUBBER WITH METAL COILS IN IT. all the small particles build up inside and clogg WAYYYY TO MUCH.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-05-2011, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some stripes from today. Finally remembers to take some pictures on the first three lawns. Then got all dirty and my phone stayed in the truck.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-05-2011, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a couple more. These are about the size lawns we mostly have. We have about ten large acre properties but most of our 85-87 lawns are this sized. We can do all of the small ones in two days 8-4:30. and the big ones in one day 8-4. Im looking to get around 60 more properties the small size and 20 bigger properties for the next two years then i will stop advertising lawns and just advertise installs.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-05-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I will get a picture of the cement work in my backyard this weekend, also a shot of the leaf loader mounted up and the box made as well.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-05-2011, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Looks good. How about some pictures of equipment and trailer set-up?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like your setup a lot, diesel dump truck w/ trailer. What's the avg price on the small properties and what advertising method has been the best to get those accts?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

HERE ARE SOME FROM TODAY> you can see the setup in the background. I'll get more this weekend after the truck is done.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

And some more
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed