Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-30-2011, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck DTEP. Always good to acquire new skills . I applaud your efforts and hopefully it helps you move forward.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2011, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Well whatever, report back in a year and see what happens, you have the typical green horn attitude I have seen too often and it will be broken in a year, one guy I know is still paying off his loan from the HEO school, and he worked for us about 10 years ago, he is now running fork lifts in a ware house, same attitude and skills.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's funny that you say that, as I was writing i was thinking, wow look at that, i'm the fresh faced way to positive kid now. Well even after almost a decade getting bent over by producers I still show up to a show with a smile on my face. I don't think it's going to be easy, but I feel myself a perfectionist, and I will be bringing that and my positive attitude to everything that I do.

I'm just a positive guy Ron. I hope that doesn't bother you too much. Now aside from "you're never gonna make it by just doing training and looking for a job", please I would love to hear some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism along the way, especially from someone like you that's got so much experience.

I may be delusional, but I feel like I have a much better chance becoming an operator if I have training on the equipment and then looking for a job. As opposed to hunting for a job and then asking to be thrown into the equipment on their time.

http://twitter.com/DTEMover
Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I'll tell you right now, you won't do well, when the economy tanks, us equipment operators are the first to go.
It's also like having a carpenter go through medical school, that just doesn't work out sometimes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Gravel Rat? Is that you?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I can't kick someone down for their high strung hopeful attitude, I guess that could be considered positive and constructive criticism.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2011, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004F550 View Post
Gravel Rat? Is that you?

Nope, he died of heart ache for his Asian masseuse.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2011, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Well I can't kick someone down for their high strung hopeful attitude, I guess that could be considered positive and constructive criticism.
Posted via Mobile Device
How bout just leave this one on the back burner until I have some seat time and then you can rip apart my work. Honestly would appreciate that.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTEP View Post
How bout just leave this one on the back burner until I have some seat time and then you can rip apart my work. Honestly would appreciate that.

Sure, I can't wait for the Twitter feeds, that's a whole level of hype we don't need.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2011, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

LOL

Anyway good luck with the school, its better then no schooling. Sure you will not be an expert but right now if someone comes here with no experience we don't even give them a thought. No one, around here atleast, is going to pay you to learn in this economy. When things were booming yeah, everyone takes all the help they can get and there are many more opportunities but the days of just showing up and learning from the ground up is dead until the market turns, there are many good operators around looking for work. I applaud you for taking a chance and doing this, good luck and take plenty of pics!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Sure, I can't wait for the Twitter feeds, that's a whole level of hype we don't need.
Posted via Mobile Device
Totally is, so is all this forum crap, but you seem to have all the time in the world to waste on here, so why not eh? At the very least I'll try my best to go out in a blaze of humiliation and "I told you so's", that should be plenty entertaining for all.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004F550 View Post
LOL

Anyway good luck with the school, its better then no schooling. Sure you will not be an expert but right now if someone comes here with no experience we don't even give them a thought. No one, around here atleast, is going to pay you to learn in this economy. When things were booming yeah, everyone takes all the help they can get and there are many more opportunities but the days of just showing up and learning from the ground up is dead until the market turns, there are many good operators around looking for work. I applaud you for taking a chance and doing this, good luck and take plenty of pics!
Thanks! Pics will be plentiful next month.