Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-09-2011, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

yes. i was just trying to say hes a nice guy.. he emails me every now and then to check up on how the business is doing and even told me to talk to his property manager so i can grow it..other than that... yes insurance is a must!!!!!!! i will get it.. been shopping around..

so any ideas of how to write a good one... if not i will summon something up myself pretty soon.. just have a lot on my plate at the moment..
Old 11-09-2011, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

oh okay.. yeah thats what i did too.. i will continue to search thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 03:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

let me know if you find anything. i need to make one too before 2012 season starts up. I have the LLC and insurance through state farm. The guy who created this site has a book. If i buy that does that include sample contracts/agreement forms? anybody know if its worth buying?
Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I made the mistake of buying a different guys lawn software, Patrick cash (Google him). Waste of money, the advertising media he made was sub par doorhangers made in Word. There's better info to be learned on this site, just gotta spend some time on here...good thing It's almost winter eh?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2011, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I actually bought that book as well. Basically everything i already knew, nothing that the average joe could not figure out. all the marketing material in that book looked like a 6 year old thought of it lol! ya i try to when i have time. Could you send us a copy of your lawn maintenance agreement? just to see what it should look like etc.. ?
Old 11-10-2011, 03:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Idk if were talking about the same program?? I bought it and it was 2 or 3 cds and of course they didn't work for mac so I had to borrow a buddys windows laptop and then email the documents. I'm on my phone at the moment but when I get a chance to sit down on my computer either tmrw or Friday ill send it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2011, 04:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

oh no it was the soft cover book from him on Amazon. Okay awesome my email is ryan@osmannlawn.com

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I would have to agree with the majority, get yourself a nice walk behind mower and look into a hydro mower.

myself for example, this is also our first season. in March we started with a pick up truck, 2 push mowers, 2 shindaiwa weed wackers and a residential echo back pack blower with 6 accounts.

with some advertising, word of mouth, friends/family we grew to 30 accounts!!

we purchased a 12 foot trailer, a red max back pack blower, 52 inch hydro walk behind all from criagslist. during the summer we found a 48 hydro mower on craigslist for a great price and purchased that.

we bought a 8hp push blower (on craigslist)

and recently we grew out of the 12 foot trailer, we purchased a 16 foot trailer with basket, trimmer rack and blower racks...a kawasaki weed wacker and Shindaiwa backpack blower.

we are not huge or even big, but we are manageable for 2 people. this next season I would like to sell the 52 inch hydro and possibly finance a exmark turf tracer.

keep it simple, do great work and try not to get too big too fast. keep it manageable
Old 11-10-2011, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

here is what i have to get before the 2012 season starts:

Honda 21' Commercial Push Mower $800.00
ECHO PE-266S Edger $400.00

I thought all ECHO products were for commercial use? i ordered mine through a local dealer, He told me they are good products that last a long time.

I have all of my marketing materials done, made & paid for.

One guy on this site lives by me and has a toro 48' walk behind. I will take a look at that. if i can't afford it i will wait until i get more clients, so that i am able to pay for food (just got my hours cut majorly!)

What was your best advertising & who did you target?

Congrats on picking up all the accounts!

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 11-10-2011, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I refuse to use echo....i had an echo trimmer and crapped the bed within 1 year.

After getting the Kawasaki trimmer i will only get those..

Redmax and shindaiwa blowers only

Right now we are using Lesco but want to switch to exmark Turf tracers...

I use 2 commercial lawn boys

As far as marketing... i ordered post cards and targeted houses that were recently bought in a certain area
Posted via Mobile Device