Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking to get a Website

Hello everyone, i am looking to get a website made for my landscape company. Problem is, I am on a budget like everyone else. I spoke to someone local and they quoted me $1500 and up, not looking to spend that kind of cash right now. Does anyone know where i can get a good website done for a fairly good price?

Thanks in Advance
Old 11-08-2011, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portmax29 View Post
Hello everyone, i am looking to get a website made for my landscape company. Problem is, I am on a budget like everyone else. I spoke to someone local and they quoted me $1500 and up, not looking to spend that kind of cash right now. Does anyone know where i can get a good website done for a fairly good price?

Thanks in Advance
Sometimes college students that are going into web design look for clients and they are generally cheaper than a professional. So that's a place to start.

Are you looking for someone local to do it for you? If it doesn't matter, I could drop a line with a friend of mine that works at the college in my town and see what he comes up with. I'll bet you can get a bright student to build you a site for 700 bucks. Maybe less.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Nobody?

So either Twitter is overrated or extremely underrated..
Old 11-11-2011, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Have a go at making your own. Check out Wordpress for example.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheGlove View Post
Sometimes college students that are going into web design look for clients and they are generally cheaper than a professional. So that's a place to start.

Are you looking for someone local to do it for you? If it doesn't matter, I could drop a line with a friend of mine that works at the college in my town and see what he comes up with. I'll bet you can get a bright student to build you a site for 700 bucks. Maybe less.
I talked to a buddy, hes going to see if any of his college friends might want to do it. If not, I might try it on my own and then save up and get it done professionally.

thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I noticed your post when you first made it but didn't respond because I figured you would be swamped with guys wanting to do your site.

I can recommend someone who would do a great site for you reasonably. Probably less than what I see quoted here. During the day he works full time for a company doing their website but moonlights and does sites for extra money. I am a director of the hydroseeding association and he did our association site for not much more than the figures you have been quoted and that runs like 30 pages with a lot of extra stuff. You can take a peek at the hydroseeding association website for an example of his work. the URL is www.hydroseeding.org. He does the websites for our members as well using a standard template and does those for almost nothing ( $ 99.00 for members) but can do custom sites as well. He has also done some other sites in the green industry.

If you would like his contact info pm me and I will give it to you.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Use INTUIT. Its a piece of cake. You do it yourself and its all self-explanatory. I pay about 25 a month for mine.