Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 PM
unit28 unit28 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MN, A-noka CO.
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Roll another one for me, bro. for what it's worth.
hmm, not a fan of indigenous physics I see.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-06-2011, 09:37 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Dream on. Government motors chevy volts and steve jobs in the same thread are like hitler and a jew playing golf together.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-06-2011, 09:53 PM
irrig8r irrig8r is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Dream on. Government motors chevy volts and steve jobs in the same thread are like hitler and a jew playing golf together.
Posted via Mobile Device
Or maybe like Hank Williams Jr. and Pres. Obama singing kumbaya together.
__________________
Landscaper. Irrigator. Illuminator. Music lover. Coffee drinker.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-06-2011, 10:58 PM
hoskm01's Avatar
hoskm01 hoskm01 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix Metro
Posts: 5,698
Or Mike Leary buying a sprinkler rep lunch.
__________________
Crayons taste like Purple
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 PM
hoskm01's Avatar
hoskm01 hoskm01 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix Metro
Posts: 5,698
The legacy goes on...

__________________
Crayons taste like Purple
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-07-2011, 07:51 AM
unit28 unit28 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MN, A-noka CO.
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Dream on. Government motors chevy volts and steve jobs in the same thread are like hitler and a jew playing golf together.
Posted via Mobile Device
But the conventional use of Plasma Widgets would have brought them closer to the round table. I believe that KDE code integration would have been a great link.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-07-2011, 05:45 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
I woke up at 3am last night to make sure I got the Iphone 4s.(preorder) Nothing like this technology. I liked Jobs abrasive personality. Being brutally honest is a trait I wish I could hone.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnemucca, Nevada
Posts: 20,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
I liked Jobs abrasive personality. Being brutally honest is a trait I wish I could hone.
Work on it. I had a couple of clients that worked for Jobs and they said he was a huge pain, but got his way, and was right most of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-07-2011, 05:56 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Work on it. I had a couple of clients that worked for Jobs and they said he was a huge pain, but got his way, and was right most of the time.
Yes two of my good friends are 30 years older than me and it seems that they have perfected brutal honesty. They kind of remind of you. Either that or yall are just old crotchety men... that have delt with an incredible amount of bullsh!t in their lifetimes, but I have respect for people that tell it like it is. Often times it works out better for both parties.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnemucca, Nevada
Posts: 20,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Yes two of my good friends are 30 years older than me and it seems that they have perfected brutal honesty. They kind of remind of you. Either that or yall are just old crotchety men... that have delt with an incredible amount of bullsh!t in their lifetimes, but I have respect for people that tell it like it is. Often times it works out better for both parties.
Good points. I started out taking everything that came my way. Over the years, it did not get much easier because all my work came from referrals; LAs, designers,lawn crews, etc. If I alienated any of them, I'd have lost the train. The bottom line, if you are in it for the design/install/maintain gig, is to meet the clients and see if you're going to get along with them. Long after the referrals, you're the last guy, and no one likes to work for assholes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.10139 seconds with 7 queries