Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-07-2011, 06:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Need some suggestions

Hi All

I had a meeting yesterday with a city not for profit. Looks like it could really be a big deal for me. I already do a project in the immediate area, they want to add to the display considerably over the next few years.

One of the things the lady exemplified were skylines. I did talk to HBL yesterday, Mike and I went over some ideas, I can build some of them, however, time will be of the essence as it needs to be complete by Thanksgiving, and I also have 4 other projects with the same dead line. Also immediately after Thanksgiving, I move into the project I already have in that area, and that takes 5 days to install.

So what I am hoping is that some one on here has experience or suggestions on whom to contact with regard to skylines. There will only be 6 light poles with a Christmas theme, we will wrap them with Mixed noble, most likely LED and place Mixed Noble wreaths on top of the poles. The outlying area will have a winter theme, so that is where the idea of building the skylines came into play. Utilizing starbursts, and snow flakes off set with stars etc, using again warm white LED c-9.

I also have had a thought of using the new drop lights, but haven;t had an opportunity to check them out as my lovely internet connection didn't want to work for a few days, and low and behold during the night decided to start functioning again.

The lady I met with guaranteed me with a 10K budget right now, expecting another 10k grant by next Wednesday.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!!!!!!!!

This will really give me a boost and they are talking about extensive media coverage. Also, they intend to invest and additional 10-20k each year, plus rehangs obviously. So, was hoping some of the vets had some suggestions.

Thanks all!!!!!
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats...that sounds awesome...
Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I hope so. SH told me they ant to use the entire budget this year, and increase it again next year. She wants installation, removal and storage - which is great as it is part of our service anyhow.

I emailed the company she showed me the catalog for regarding wholesale prices, their catalog IS their wholesale, and retail. I have been struggling with understanding how it can be both, and even more why would you provide wholesales prices to people that aren't business???
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor