Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-09-2011, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Celsius does OK in full sun, high heat, just really slow. Have to be careful about concentrations too, max can cause the St. Agustine to shock and go into decline with the unintended consquence of the broadleaf taking over again. I know this because I was agressive with an application on my own lawn

I've always had excellent results with Blade & Quicksilver, but the stuff is so expensive.

I'm afraid of 2-4-D in St. Augustine personally, although Ric is usually right on the money. Sure wish I could get some 40% Atrazine.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
Celsius does OK in full sun, high heat, just really slow. Have to be careful about concentrations too, max can cause the St. Agustine to shock and go into decline with the unintended consquence of the broadleaf taking over again. I know this because I was agressive with an application on my own lawn

I've always had excellent results with Blade & Quicksilver, but the stuff is so expensive.

I'm afraid of 2-4-D in St. Augustine personally, although Ric is usually right on the money. Sure wish I could get some 40% Atrazine.
jvanvliet

Legal applicators can get 4L Atrazine, it is a RUP that only a CPO can legally buy. You must also keep records of every oz and where it was applied. If you can't Buy 4L Atrazine then you are not a licensed applicator.

I for got to add Read the Label about Heat restrictions on using 3 way herbicide, you can fry a lawn in the summer.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

St. Augustine has been taken off the label of Lesco three way in all but a very few applications. Read the label as you are probably not in compliance of the law if you are spraying St. Augustine and/or centipede.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
jvanvliet

Legal applicators can get 4L Atrazine, it is a RUP that only a CPO can legally buy. You must also keep records of every oz and where it was applied. If you can't Buy 4L Atrazine then you are not a licensed applicator.
I know
Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I know
jvanvliet

Don't cry to me if you aren't Certified. I not only paid my dues but I also offered to help others get Certified many time right here on Lawnsite.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, Ric, I know. Wasn't crying to you, just sad cause I can't get a safe and effective broadleaf control agent for my properties because of H/O abuse & mass hysteria started by the Euro Enviro Tofu Farting Fairies and picked up on by the Enviro Tofu Farting Fairies here.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yah, Ric, I know. Wasn't crying to you, just sad cause I can't get a safe and effective broadleaf control agent for my properties because of H/O abuse & mass hysteria started by the Euro Enviro Tofu Farting Fairies and picked up on by the Enviro Tofu Farting Fairies here.
Yea Right, you never would apply Chemicals illegal on your customer's yards.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
I have never seen anything less than a high rate of amine based herbicide + surfactant kill weeds here. This is more than what st augustine will deal with and not stunt or turn yellow. I will second the metsulfuron + Quicksilver or even Celsius + Quicksilver. One more thing, both of those herbicides stay in the soil to affect weeds attempting to germinate after the first generation has been killed.
I agree with you. In fact, I use metsulfuron for new sales that are primarily St. Aug with heavy weed infestation. My earlier post was meant mainly as a course of action I take, out of convenience, for a Fall pre-emergent app for a St Aug lawn that has been under my control for awhile and has had a major portion of the difficult to control weeds already eliminated.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Yea Right, you never would apply Chemicals illegal on your customer's yards.
Actually Ric, I don't. We have grown too much in the last several years for me to get busted for something stupid. I recommend a local pest control co. with whom I have a relationship. I do the ornamentals and the fertilizer for which I am licensed.

My wife and I own several properties which I treat in addition to those of our parents, to the best of my knowledge not illegal.