Register free!

Old 10-09-2011, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Preping for L&O test

Hello I have been working and studying for just over 3 years now. I have read SM7,SM1, AND THE FLORIDA LAWN HANDBOOK & IMORTED FIRE ANTS ON LAWNS AND TURF. Does any one have any other ideas of what I should be reading. And what if your boss doesn't want to sign for you, Should the fact that you have had an ID card active work? Thankfull for any help.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL2008 View Post
Hello I have been working and studying for just over 3 years now. I have read SM7,SM1, AND THE FLORIDA LAWN HANDBOOK & IMORTED FIRE ANTS ON LAWNS AND TURF. Does any one have any other ideas of what I should be reading. And what if your boss doesn't want to sign for you, Should the fact that you have had an ID card active work? Thankfull for any help.
GXL

You might want to check out FLORIDA CRITTERS by Bill Zak from the Library. That is the Book they have been taking the ID pictures from. Study the Pictures so you can ID them Quickly. Also be sure to study Chapter 482 and 5E-14.. 50% of the test is taken from the Law. Know the Date or time periods of when you must contact the BEPC. Interesting enough if a company loses a CPO the must tell the BEPC immediately. But if they Kill someone with Pesticide poison they have 24 hours to call the BEPC. Those are the questions that fail people.

One Good thing is Dr Sung (pronounced Sing) no long writes the tests. Terry Montgomery was writing the Tests but Now Joe Parker is writing the test questions. I am told the Test has been dumbed down so more people can pass. Compared to the days when only a small percentage passed Dr Sung's tests.

If you fear your CPO won't sign for you, Get your Ducks in a row first. Be sure to get a complete list of all accounts and their prices as well as when their contract expires. Then with a copy at home and one in your pocket approach your CPO with a Filled out Test form including 45 accounts you have done. Ask him nicely to sign for you to take the test. I think you get the Idea. some people need a little arm twisting.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.