Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-09-2011, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Accelerator install problem

I bought a bagger for my JD 647A which has the 48" deck. This is a 2011 mower.
The bracket that came with the bagger and the bracket in the pictures of the installation instructions are slightly different.
The bracket in the install photos is 1" wider at the rear of the bracket than the bracket that came with the bagger. The install photo bracket has a 1" kickout at the rear that my bracket does not have. The instructions tell me to space the front of the bracket 2 3/4" from the front lip and 3 3/4" from the back lip. Since I am missing 1" at the rear it is not possible for me to space it 3 3/4". My thought is to simply run the bracket 2 3/4" at the front and rear but wanted to post here to see if that is OK.
Below are some photos. The first two photos are my bracket. The third photo is a picture of the install page. You can see the tape starts around 1" in both photos and ends around 3 3/4" on the pictured bracket but only 2 3/4" on my bracket.

PS - this bagger is great. Of course I haven't used it yet, but the construction of it is amazing. I can't wait to get it installed so I can start playing with it.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2011, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You kind of lost me but I didn't really take time to study all you said.

Accelerator has excellent customer service! I would give them a call. They will get you straightend out. Some of the guys here really know their stuff, but I think Accellerator is your best bet.

LOL, nevermind...didn't realize this IS the Accellerator Forum...didn't know we even had one...oooops

Please excuse me, lol.

But excellent bagger...good choice...love mine!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Member

I sent Peter a PM too. I will give them a call, just figured they weren't open on Sunday and thought I would give the forum a try.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Sponsor

Thanks for the heads up! We changed the bracket slightly a while back due to customer feedback. The kickout spacing on the bracket is not super important on this model. As long as the bag fits flush to the bracket and does not hit the rear tire, everything should work fine.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 10-10-2011, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Peter, I was just about to call, thank you for the post. I will clamp the bracket on the way I feel it should go, and then I will set the bagger on it to ensure that it doesn't interfere with the tire.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Got it on and gave it a whirl on my front lawn. WOW!! Great product Peter. It works better than I imagined.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Sponsor

Thanks for your nice comments. We have tried to improve the product every year, so after many years the catchers get pretty nice.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410