Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2011, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did I miss something? I've never seen a "backpack" 1 gallon B+G pesticide sprayer.

Anyway, my question is how serious are you, when you say:
"seeing a few roaches . . . every so often inside"?
Roaches aren't solitary insects. And broadcast treatment isn't the way to deal with them (neither is spraying lots outside, if they're living inside).
Does your pest control company use baits and gels?

Spiders are a completely different story. You need to caulk where they're getting in, and just vacuum them up when you find them inside. You won't get a colony of spiders taking over your house (unless it's already filled with other insects), and no amount of chemicals (that don't kill the human occupants too) will prevent a single insect from walking in and making itself feel at home.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I think the key question is what kind of Roach, not all are the same and not all act the same.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 10-14-2011, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx24 View Post
talstar is okay but there are better products. I would spray outside all I can rather then inside.
BX24

Reading the original poster statement, he said he has a Pest Control Company already treating his home. He still has insects. IMHO that company is not using the better products. I have actually considered using the lesser insecticides because the ""Better Product"" actually work TOOOOO Good. I lose reoccurring income because one time customer won't call me back for a long time.

In an age of Tree Huggers and Granola fruits & nuts, the last thing I want to recommend on the net is Chlordane and DDT. This is a Lawn & Ornamental Forum not a structural pest control forum. Therefore I only recommended the bait type products found in every super market. I have actually found these old schools products I recommended work very well. They just take longer to do the job. I still use them for preventive measures, but I will use the ""Better Products"" for curative.

Rlitman

Yep B&G Back Packs are new to me also. I guess only the Experts get to Buy them.

BTW Home Cheapo has Hepa Filters for their hand carried Wet Dry Vacs. In fact they carry Hepa Filters for most of their vacuums. I like to put a few Moth Balls in the Vacuum bag.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.