Register free!

Old 10-13-2011, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Well, maybe for residential purposes in that specific price range ..... rep.
I sure wish I knew who I am supposed to be a Rep for.... that way I could go demand my paycheck!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
I sure wish I knew who I am supposed to be a Rep for.... that way I could go demand my paycheck!
Interesting how many of us hype something we really like and get called a REP.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
As far as I know, they make a 24. Toro also has a clone of the TC called the "Custom Command" that goes to 36, I wonder if the Irritrol Climate system would work on them as well? Let us know how that works out, those are fine clocks.
Not only do they make a 24, but these days (as of the Irritrol ELITE September 16 newsletter) they also make them in 36 and 48 station versions with pedestal type steel boxes.

Back to the Climate Logic... SWAT tests of Irritrol controllers used with the Climate Logic, according to the same newsletter:

The only drawback is they only work with the models listed that were made in the last couple of years. You'll see a phone jack connector on the back side of the panel (except on the KwikDial, for which the CL comes with an adapter cable.)

I'll post a photo in a bit of the ESP-SMT weather monitor next to the Climate Logic one. The lack of a self-tipping rain gauge makes it much smaller.

Last edited by irrig8r; 10-13-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

In a drier climate I can see the tipping rain gauge being less important than in an area that gets more rainfall. I guess if I had to pull a number out 20"/year of rainfall would be the break point. Less than 20" go for the smaller monitor. More than 20" get the tipping rain gauge.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Any device not measuring real rainfall amounts or soil moisture is a borderline ET device at best. Maybe in dry CA one can attain some modicum of ET watering with a wafer sensor but in an area such as Dallas that usually avgs 35"/ year a wafer sensor will not be nearly as accurate as a tipping rain gauge sensor. A wafer sensor measures neither the total amount or the intensity level.
Pete ..... if you would please refrain from talking about subjects you know nothing about we could avoid all the "bickering".

All "smart" controls, be they add on or built in, are doing nothing more than providing an estimate of ET and adjusting the controller to compensate. Call it what you want, bicker all you want, but at the end of the day, they all will still be estimating ET .... or more accurately ..... PET.

Quote:
Once again there is no claim that it is an ET add on to a controller. It could better be described as a smart seasonal adjust. It deducts from the max programmed run time but does not add minutes or go over the programmed run time. Only azz talking being done is by you.
Wake up Pete .... I said it is an ET add-on despite product claims to the contrary. Beyond that, there are two serious drawbacks to this add-on.

First, it requires your peak summer time irrigation requirements be programmed with extreme accuracy. Any deviation on either side of actual peak requirements will impact the performance of the calculation and your irrigation efficiency.

Second, it only allow for a 2 week interval or less, unless I missed something. What happens if you have an interval over 14 days?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Interesting how many of us hype something we really like and get called a REP.
Chipmunks and Cheese are SICK .......... REP ........ !
Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
In a drier climate I can see the tipping rain gauge being less important than in an area that gets more rainfall. I guess if I had to pull a number out 20"/year of rainfall would be the break point. Less than 20" go for the smaller monitor. More than 20" get the tipping rain gauge.
Where are you getting that number from? We get at least that much or more rain in a year and yet a rain gauge of any kind is practically worthless in the central valley.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
a rain gauge of any kind is practically worthless
Unless properly maintained and tested, I would agree with sonny.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

ESP-SMT monitor on the left, Climate Logic sensor on the right
Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Pete ..... if you would please refrain from talking about subjects you know nothing about we could avoid all the "bickering".
Frankly Kiril, you seem to be the instigator of a good share of it....

The way it reads is mostly about your attitude. You can't seem to correct anyone else's versions of facts w/o throwing in a put down at the same time. Is it an inherent meanness? I really can't tell.

I appreciate the knowledge you bring to this forum, but sometimes you DO come across as an elitist know-it-all.

Pete, OTOH, can't seem to NOT react to you and I think you get a big kick out of that and egg him on. You are a master baiter.