Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-12-2011, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Tanner Larson and Cashing In on Christmas

Is this legit? I think it sounds good... Just wondering if anyone has taken the dive into buying this and how it was????
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ghlight=tanner
Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok. Read the posted thread... Anyone else bought it? I'm in my 3rd year and far from being knowledgable about the biz. I'm just wondering if there are more people out there that have bought it and what they thought? I can understand some of you guys that are in their 10-15th year in the biz saying it's a waste of $$.. But for a 3 year rookie??? Maybe a worth while investment??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Christmas Light University videos will give you a pretty good synopsis I would imagine. He did bring home some good thought processes, upselling and such. However this is all basic common sense. I honestly believe that reading and re=reading this forum, and yes I have done it numerous times and also attended the HBL training seminar a few years back, that you will end up $200 ahead of the game. There are some people on here with over a decade in this, and share a wealth of knowledge that generally prompts discussion and question and answer.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

So does the Christmas Light University videos go over all the bidding stuff, the tax forms, the in and outs of wattage, etc??? Can anyone Attest to the Christmas light univ compared to Larsons deal?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2011, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I watched some of tanners videos back then and I said then and I agree now, they do have some good common sense information. I don't know tanner, but I will say there are dozens of folks who sell this information, and really, there are so many keys to success in this business that I don't think any of them are truly a turn key product. As far as tanners experience, There is a guy in Omaha that is not connected to Brite Ideas or Christmas Decor that has been doing Christmas lights and training for over 20 years. and although his books and videos are some of the best, his stuff still does not cover many things well- hiring,compensating and training employees, marketing and taxes, accounting, how to prepare a proper client planning file, etc. I have had training from multiple distributorship companies and had access to Christmas Decors hallowed video training, and even with all that and more than a few years experience I am still learning and getting better each year.

There is no doubt in my mind that you will save and make back that 200 bucks many times over. but trust me, if you spend about 40 hours treating the past 3-5 years of posts on here as a free guide, I think you will find it worth thousands of dollars in savings.

HBL and thier support staff is probably a good place to at least start, and if you want the c-9 and maybe rental buisiness Christmas Decor is worth a look if you can find the funds to buy in.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Member

David- are you referring to the Christmas Light University Tanner or the Cashing in on Christmas Tanner set of books? Or am I confused and this is the same person? Christmas light univ, as I looked up tonight, is holding a webinar tomorrow and Friday. I signed up.. Wonder if it's worth the time ?

I understand wha you're saying about taking the time to read 40 hrs worth of forum posts, but with 4 kids, etc, this is kinda a challenge. It would be better to have it all in front of me where I cam flip through- guess a personal preference-

Anyways, I appreciate the lengthy response. And yeah, can you clear that up about the Tanner thing? Unsure if this is the same guy...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2011, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

pretty sure tanner is the same guy from both. I have 4 kids ( 3-14 ) and wife too. Deacon at church.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

nope, two different last names...