Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2011, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hmm, maybe there are 2 tanners, but watch some of the videos. It seems as though both tanners are from Christmas light installer and Christmas light university. cashing in on Christmas seems to be the brown haired tanner. Pretty sure they are connected.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did the Christmas light U last year and signed up this year..it's more of a marketing tool..it really dominates google..and other search engines...if you do any search for christmas light installer or somthing close to that christmaslightinstaller.com videos..links..pictures and right ups pop up on the first two pages of google search..you pretty much buy an area...it's pretty cool..I hope they do it for lawn/landscape..google christmas light installer rumson nj...pretty cool
Old 10-18-2011, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNNJ View Post
I did the Christmas light U last year and signed up this year..it's more of a marketing tool..it really dominates google..and other search engines...if you do any search for christmas light installer or somthing close to that christmaslightinstaller.com videos..links..pictures and right ups pop up on the first two pages of google search..you pretty much buy an area...it's pretty cool..I hope they do it for lawn/landscape..google christmas light installer rumson nj...pretty cool
If you know anything about websites, title tags, back linking, etc., you don't need a program like Christmas Light Installer. Create a web page, promote it, and it will take care of it. There a lots of ways to own "internet real estate".

Google christmas light installer st. louis and you'll see what I'm talking about. On my end, they are right below me. It wouldnt take much work to do stuff to send them further down the line.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know about those goods. I do need a better web presence for my area for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2011, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I finally broke down and checked out the site.

I didn't get past the first paragraph I read, can someone answer me this, because this isnt the first time I have come across it.

Where did this idea or sales pitch come from?

"WE are not a franchise, we are locally owned and operated" come from???

It really ticks me off, just because I chose to buy into a franchise does not mean I am not locally owned or operated. Sonsabitches, sell yourself and your product not some crap line.....

I can't be anymore locally owned or operated, own a house here, rent a warehouse here, send my kids to school here, active member of several local organizations, volunteer my time to community and organizations.

But all it takes is some jackleg to say, "oh he's a franchise, they wont take care of you like I will because I'm local" grrrrrrrrr, gonna knock someone's teeth in next time I hear a potential client being fed that crap....

might be a long year if some of this cut throat, price shopping crap keeps up....
Old 10-19-2011, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

From what I gathered this Spring when I did my postcards, I put the town were we are located...people liked the fact that we were local....Just my experience with it..I think people think they are getting taken for a ride with franchises..but who knows
Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I think also " not a franchise" is a legal disclaimer as well. there is a ton of federal laws and regulations that cover franchises and franchisee's.

and being associated with a national name has only helped me. so no biggie
Old 11-14-2011, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Member

The challenge at the bottom........Tanner Maxson of Christmas Light Installer University and Christmaslightinstaller.com is different from Tanner Larson of cashing in on Christmas

My name is Tanner Maxson

We have free training as described above. You are all welcomed to sit in on the webinars.
Yes we sell marketing leads for $12 residential and $17 commercial leads. Thanks for the discussion guys.

A couple of you have mentioned how we can take over the page pretty fast for Christmas lights related local keywords.

Here is the Challenge. Email me a city where you think it would be hard to dominate for Christmas Light Installation.
Send the challenge to office @ Christmas light installer *dot* com Post on this thread the date and time you sent the challenge to me and then, give me 48 hours to get some results.
Report back to this thread if I was able to provide front page marketing on Google.

I don't have time for 30 challenges... So I will take the first challenge I get from you guys.

Hey while waiting for the results...go get some free training.

Tanner Maxson
Posted via Mobile Device