Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Eagle 6 3-0-3

Opinions on this product - Have any of you guys used it and if so are the results good.

It appears that it would be a good product to use on my ornamental spraying as it offered a good balanced approach to N and K - and what I like about it most is that it addresses the micros that my soils tend to be missing.

I was thinking foliar feeding would offer faster results....and could be done will I was applying my pesticide/fungicides.

Anyone that has experience with this product I would like to hear your thoughts as well if you have any products you feel offer other advantages.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Total Nitrogen (N)...........................................3.00%
1.15% Nitrate Nitrogen
0.00% Ammonical Nitrogen
1.85% Other Water Soluble
Nitrogen (and/or) Urea Nitrogen
0.00% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphorous as (P2O5).................0.00%
Soluble Potassium as (K2O)..........................3.00%
Chlorine, not more than................................ 0.00

Secondary and Micro Plant Foods:
Water Soluble Magnesium as (Mg)............... 1.00%
Water Soluble Boron as (B)........................... 0.15%
Water Soluble Iron as (Fe)............................. 1.00%
Water Soluble Manganese as (Mn)............... 2.00%
Water Soluble Molybdenum as (Mo)............. 0.02%
Water Soluble Zinc as (Zn)............................ 2.00

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i would be careful with mix rates spraying nitrate nitrogen on plants. Not crazy about doing that. This past year i have used a product (name escapes me) but it is 10 percent iron and 3 percent amm. sulfate. Worked well but boy did it extend the caterpillars eating time!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive123 View Post
i would be careful with mix rates spraying nitrate nitrogen on plants. Not crazy about doing that. This past year i have used a product (name escapes me) but it is 10 percent iron and 3 percent amm. sulfate. Worked well but boy did it extend the caterpillars eating time!
Olive

I believe your concern is related to the % of concentration of the Nitrate Nitrogen in the final spray mix. I am sure the Label doesn't call for Eagle 6 to be applied full strength.

I am not familiar with this product but reading the Numbers, I feel it would give a quick boost to ornamental. I don't believe it would take the place of Granular Fertilizer. However I think it might be a very nice supplement to it.

Mike

Where are you buying Eagle 6?? I wouldn't mind trying it. BTW I did Google it and read a little about it.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Mike

Where are you buying Eagle 6?? I wouldn't mind trying it. BTW I did Google it and read a little about it.
I have the Howard Rep looking for it up here. I am thinking of mixing it with a granular similar to the lesco palm fert for the bed a 10-2-10... but the granular would be used essentially only twice a year and the foliar sprays would be used to keep everything perked up and address the micros that the granular do not. I am not positive but my hopes is that by doing so I will keep some of the showy plants on the properties will keep perked up and doing there thing.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
I have the Howard Rep looking for it up here. I am thinking of mixing it with a granular similar to the lesco palm fert for the bed a 10-2-10... but the granular would be used essentially only twice a year and the foliar sprays would be used to keep everything perked up and address the micros that the granular do not. I am not positive but my hopes is that by doing so I will keep some of the showy plants on the properties will keep perked up and doing there thing.
Mike

I forgot to ask or look to see if Eagle 6 is nonstaining???? I am assuming it is.

My Program is a 6 Lawn and 6 Shrub treatments a year. I have been using an acid forming slow release granular Palm fert on all shrubs twice a year and mixing my own liquid supplement that is applied 6 times a year or every 60 days. I happy with the response but I would like to find a good pre-packaged product instead of mixing my own. Big difference is I mix a 100 gallon at a time and power spray shrubs with a ton of liquid. Being old school I believe in lots of carrier when fertilizing or Insecticide etc. Of course most Herbicide work best at a gallon a thousand and I use a different skid sprayer for Herbicides and or Back Packs.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-13-2011, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mike

I forgot to ask or look to see if Eagle 6 is nonstaining???? I am assuming it is.
It does not state that it will stain...however it does have the 1% Iron so I would assume that it would...however the difference in your methods of application would not prevent me from using it as much as I am limited to a backpack sprayer.

Here is the link Ric

http://plantfoodsystems.com/wp-conte...e-6-8.5x11.pdf

Old 10-13-2011, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It does not state that it will stain...however it does have the 1% Iron so I would assume that it would...however the difference in your methods of application would not prevent me from using it as much as I am limited to a backpack sprayer.

Here is the link Ric

http://plantfoodsystems.com/wp-conte...e-6-8.5x11.pdf
Mike

I ended up calling the Manufacture. It does stain and that is a Deal Killer for me. No matter how careful you are there is always that change of staining a Customers Property. Sure I use Staining Chemicals on Turf, But I am super careful not to over spray any thing. But with Ornamentals right against the house I am not using a staining product. Rust Erase from Lesco is a great cleaner if you do over spray.

If you are looking for a non staining supplement I will E mail my mix to Bryan (Promo) and have him give it to you. I will not post it. The only problem I see is My mix is done in a 100 gallon Skid Sprayer. Down sizing it to a back pack might be a problem.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ric, email it over to Bryan them please as I would be interested in looking at it and seeing if I can make it fit my application. I tried sending you my email over a PM but you are over full again.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ric, email it over to Bryan them please as I would be interested in looking at it and seeing if I can make it fit my application. I tried sending you my email over a PM but you are over full again.
Mike

I will clear my PM box again it does fill up quick. I prefer not to have so many questions or PMs. Send me you E mail and I will mail a copy to you.