Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-11-2011, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Pricing for "You design - I draw".

Thank you to LawnSite and the Members here. I have recieved a great deal of interest from my first posts. Here is a brief description of services and pricing. Pricing is based upon complexity of the drawing. A simple smaller area with Plants, Hard-scape and/or Water feature begins at $45.00 for the digital copy. For another $25.00 we have a 13"x19" print mounted on a backer board and sent ups ground to you. When you take that large realistic design to your clients they will get excited about the project. It has been very successful in my business, which is why I spun it off to do it for others.
Your company logo is placed onto the front of the drawing. We do this because once your client gets this drawing in their hands they take it every where to show friends and family, at least the older generation tends to.
What is needed from you: 3-4 good photos of each area taken at different angles especially if there is large shrubbery that will be removed during construction. Then a brief description and a rough sketch will be all that's needed to get your drawing started. I do touch ups at your direction for no charge unless it gets into a major overhaul. If you would like to have one started just email me the pictures and sketch to fxdtracy@yahoo.com There is usually a 1-3 day turn around. If you have any questions always feel free to contact me through email or phone at 580-761-0265.

Thank You,
Tracy Porter - byDesign
fxdtracy@yahoo.com
Old 11-11-2011, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Example of a smaller drawing.

Last edited by byDesign; 11-11-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Example of a medium drawing.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Example of a larger drawing.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Member

As you can see the sizing is not based on plant count but mainly on complexity or multiple elements in the design. Once again if there are any questions please feel free to contact me at fxdtracy@yahoo.com or 580-761-0265.

Thank You for your interest,
Tracy Porter - byDesign
Old 11-22-2011, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What program is that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2011, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Alex, its just a simple Photoshop program. As you can see I need to concentrate on the smaller drawings before I attempt another large landscape with that much depth shown in the third rendering. Things like water reflections are easy to do while getting the scale accurate is more of a challenge with this simple photo editor.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ive been designing for a couple years now on the computer and i could give u some pointers if you want. i think i have around 50+? designs but here is a very basic example. Don't take this personal but your work is very inaccurate. It can give a client a slight visual as to what your trying to show them but it doesn't represent a near life-like example. In the designs we do for projects consisting of multiple layers (i.e. a patio and fire place with an extended deck and new plants) i do the entire yard in a 3d modeling program where u can walk a person through what their yard will look like. Simple design plans with a couple plants and small hardscaping work we just do photo rendering. If your trying to start a business on the internet i think i could be a great help to you if you want to sub some design work out.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fzyh...eature=related

these are a couple jobs ive worked on this year. i have plenty more to show if you want

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks real perty . Other than the Arborvitae, Chamaeysparis, Atlas Cedar, Crape Myrtle ( Tonto? ) Boxwood , can you tell me what are all the other perty plants you have in your design . You obviously have not thought of long term growth and there maturity effect on the landscape and maintenance. Nice picture though.