Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2011, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Deer down here are tiny, no need to fatten up for tough winters.
Posted via Mobile Device
Deer might be small but the Hogs are Huge and all over the place.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Good luck to both of you with your hunting.......enjoy foods while back home that actually taste better up north like Chili.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Good luck to both of you with your hunting.......enjoy foods while back home that actually taste better up north like Chili.
Mikey

If you love the North, take I 75 or I 95 to Uppa U S a. You Yankee Girls can have your Bami hunting. I take the Man style Florida Hunting Gator and Hogs that can bite back.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mikey

If you love the North, take I 75 or I 95 to Uppa U S a. You Yankee Girls can have your Bami hunting. I take the Man style Florida Hunting Gator and Hogs that can bite back.
I am not much of a Bambi hunting....but did enjoy fishing more up there (noodling) and I will not be doing that down here with the Gators that you mentioned.....oh yeah one other thing about the North....they have trees that change color in the fall....so there is another seasonal color in the landscape other than green!

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
I am not much of a Bambi hunting....but did enjoy fishing more up there (noodling) and I will not be doing that down here with the Gators that you mentioned.....oh yeah one other thing about the North....they have trees that change color in the fall....so there is another seasonal color in the landscape other than green!
Mikey

You can Noodle down here, Just have your buddy keep an eye out for gators. Remember Florida fishing is not for Babies.

As for the Tree colors. I am not a fan of brown sticks pointing to the sky with white Ice sickles hanging off them.

If you love Ohio, take I 75.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a bowhunter. I don't think anything short of a Rambo style exploding arrowhead would bring down a hog or gator. My father lives up there and I just walk out the backdoor into the woods.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2011, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Deer might be small but the Hogs are Huge and all over the place.
No chit, at the Bright Hour Ranch on Tuesday there were 37 yes 37 hogs, 14 nice turkeys and 7 nice little dog deer inside the final gate going to the lodge and camp area.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I'm a bowhunter. I don't think anything short of a Rambo style exploding arrowhead would bring down a hog or gator. My father lives up there and I just walk out the backdoor into the woods.
Posted via Mobile Device
Patriot

You transplanted Yankees don't have a clue what real hunting is. We run dogs at night and can not carry a gun because Night shooting is illegal. But Hunting with Dogs is not. After the dog gets the hog down we just hog tie them and bring home alive. If you see a cage on a Trailer, 9 out of 10 times that is for transporting live wild hogs. The Dog Cage is in the back of the truck. Some people like wild hog meat wild other like to grain feed the wild taste out before butchering them.

I might not be a native Cracker (Florida Born) but I have lived here long enough to know what is good. If you know the right people with land, Hog Hunting is a year round season. Hogs are a PITA to Ranchers and Farmers alike. They welcome any responsible person who will help control their Hog Population.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Patriot

You transplanted Yankees don't have a clue what real hunting is. We run dogs at night and can not carry a gun because Night shooting is illegal. But Hunting with Dogs is not. After the dog gets the hog down we just hog tie them and bring home alive. If you see a cage on a Trailer, 9 out of 10 times that is for transporting live wild hogs. The Dog Cage is in the back of the truck. Some people like wild hog meat wild other like to grain feed the wild taste out before butchering them.

I might not be a native Cracker (Florida Born) but I have lived here long enough to know what is good. If you know the right people with land, Hog Hunting is a year round season. Hogs are a PITA to Ranchers and Farmers alike. They welcome any responsible person who will help control their Hog Population.
very true ric thats how its been done for as long as i can remember. done alot of it when i was in high school and when i worked in immokalee. you think you have balls come down here and run some dogs at night thru the woods down here. that was one of the things we did back in high shool go to the beach or go to the woods...

years ago when they opened gators again a friend of mine got a tag and we went down to the glades and hunted great time.. till you've ran around the glades on an airboat you havent lived.......
Old 10-15-2011, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Patriot

Real hunting involves the elements as well. Hunting in your shorts is a little different then sitting in a tree stand for hours in twenty degree weather.

Posted via Mobile Device