Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2011, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hustler SuperTrak Super Duty?

I currently have a 52" Lazer. Its only that and a 36" walkbehind, and i was at the dealer picking up some new chainsaw chains and saw a line of these Hustlers. They were all the Fastrak Super Duty models, ranging from 36-60 i believe. I have a few commercial accounts where i would really benifit from having another larger mowing to cover more ground than the 36". Im talking cutting down maybe 1-2 hours per account. I know i want a 60"(72 wont fit on, but only by about an inch). I dont think they even make a 72" for this model, but not sure. Is this model Commercial? i would love to find out this information by myslef but my spyware wont let me access the Hustler website(im not very technologically savvy). Do any of you guys run these? any help appreciated. My dealer said he can get any Hustler i want but those are the only ones available to demo and once i order a different mower i have to commit to buying it. Thanks

Rob
Old 10-15-2011, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

We run 2 of these, one with a 54" deck and one with a 60. the 54" was 6k out the door and the 60" was a few hundred more. They do fine except in long wet grass, they clump a lot in that condition. If i where you i would pay the extra 1.5k and get an x one with the newer deck design and the 31 hp kawi instead of the 26 hp version. Oh and they are called fastrack super duty and they are considered entry level commercial.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, that would be my first decision only if i coul actually demo one. ill demo the Super Duty and make my decision of wether i want to shell out the money for the x one. if i like the super duty, the x one can only be better right? He did say he was getting a 66" super z for himself in a couple weeks and if i wanted i could try it out. Decisions decisions
Old 10-15-2011, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Should say FastTrak no SuperTrak in title. sorry folks
Old 11-29-2011, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I have Fastrak SD. I have no problem with clumping in wet grass.

Tags
hustler