Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGreen View Post
can you post some pictures of your mount for the leaf loader, did you make it or buy it?
I had made by a local fabricator who is a friend of mine. Its pretty heavy duty. Made out of tube and 1/4" flat stock.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2011, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice setup. I was debating doing the same thing but I was afraid of going to high to avoid blocking the battery box.

Since we have the same loader and almost the same trailer, I posted a pic here...

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.p...1&d=1317336287

The tarp is just draped over for the picture and I just put the hose extension there to show how its going to reach.

facebook.com/jwslandscaping

Last edited by jwsland; 10-16-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice dump trailer.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsland View Post
Nice setup. I was debating doing the same thing but I was afraid of going to high to avoid blocking the battery box.

Since we have the same loader and almost the same trailer, I posted a pic here...

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.p...1&d=1317336287

The tarp is just draped over for the picture and I just put the hose extension there to show how its going to reach.
He did have to modify the lid of the box a bit, so now it can open enough to reach the control or can be removed when you need to acess all of the hydraulics. The mount is level with the front frame rail and puts the loader at the perfect height for plywood sides. I added the 2x8 at the bottom for a bit more capacity and so the loader wouldnt be blowing right into the tarp.

Have you used it yet? I have heard from others with the same loader that the exhaust hose is prone to clogging. I was going to put mine in the bed too but I didnt want to waste time unclogging it on ever job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzerpm;418919x0
Nice dump trailer.
Thanks. Im almost done with everything. Its painted, bolted to the trailer, the tarps on the top, and my signs are on. All I have to do is mount the hose and I'll be set.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You got me thinking about doing a leaf loader setup again. I've skipped it for the last few years. I already have a 7x12 dump trailer and a like-new 16 HP loader, it's just that I find it more efficient to just run my Lazer in the dump trailer and pick up the leaves with the Ultravac on the properties I service regularly. The problem is that this year Hurricane Irene took a lot of the leaves down early so that I'm all but done with cleanups on about 1/3 of my properties already. So I think I'll go after some one timers and piles, neither of which the mower/bagger setup is good for. But I can just about guarantee I'll be mounting my loader on the back of the trailer again. A friend of mine has his mounted similarly to yours and I've worked with him before and hate it. I feel so pinned in working between the truck and trailer, claustrophobic....I need some room to work and like to be able to pile leaves onto the edge of the road too, which you can really do with it front mounted. Not knocking your setup, it has some advantages, just personal preference.

Last edited by Darryl G; 10-17-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: grrrr..always see my typos after I post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Your trailer has barn door gates right? If I had barn doors, I might have considered mounting it on the back. There was just no easy way for me to mount it on the back and I didn't want to mess with an exhaust hose.

The loader has a 10ft hose so I dont think I will be cramper between the truck and trailer. I guess I will find out.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Your trailer has barn door gates right? If I had barn doors, I might have considered mounting it on the back. There was just no easy way for me to mount it on the back and I didn't want to mess with an exhaust hose.

The loader has a 10ft hose so I dont think I will be cramper between the truck and trailer. I guess I will find out.
Yeah, I have the barn door/combo gate. You could have mouted it to the gate but you'd have to take it off every time you dumped = UGH! It's a 10 foot hose but in reality with the height the loader is and the bend it has to take and the distance out from the center of the trailer you'll be working with more like 6. That's the other thing...when the intake clogs, the best way to unclog is to straighen it and give it a good wiggly-jiggly shake which is hard to do located where you have it. It's certainly workable and if you have a cargo light on your truck you already have a work light for those short days coming up.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Yeah, I have the barn door/combo gate. You could have mouted it to the gate but you'd have to take it off every time you dumped = UGH! It's a 10 foot hose but in reality with the height the loader is and the bend it has to take and the distance out from the center of the trailer you'll be working with more like 6. That's the other thing...when the intake clogs, the best way to unclog is to straighen it and give it a good wiggly-jiggly shake which is hard to do located where you have it. It's certainly workable and if you have a cargo light on your truck you already have a work light for those short days coming up.
Yeah, there was no way I was going to move a 300 pound machine every time I dump. I figured if I use the boom that came with the loader, it will keep the hose straight and past the truck.

Im used to the whole unclogging routine. My old boss had a giant vac that would clog every once and a while. It will be a bit more difficult with my set up but I'll make it work.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I havent really put it to the test yet and have already wondered about the exaust hose. We'll see!

facebook.com/jwslandscaping
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Saving up for a dump trailer about that same size as yours.