Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

Horizon Distributors launches Landscape Maintenance Guide mobile app

Horizon Distributors launches Landscape Maintenance Guide mobile app
New app puts how-to and diagnostic information in the palm of a landscaper’s hand

Horizon Distributors today launched the mobile app version of its successful pocket-sized Landscape Maintenance Guide, a comprehensive, convenient quick-resource guide for grounds maintenance professionals.

“Horizon is very excited to bring the Landscape Maintenance Guide mobile app to the smartphones of our landscape customers,” said Phil Stephens, vice president, sales & marketing for Horizon Distributors. “So much of our landscape customers’ time is literally money, and our Landscape Maintenance Guide gives them immediate access on any jobsite to a wealth of helpful information, all through their internet-capable phone.”

The Landscape Maintenance Guide features specific information on how to deal with issues landscapers encounter on a daily basis, with highlighted topics including mowing, fertilization, watering, weed control, insect control, safety, equipment, irrigation and over-seeding.

In addition to Apple iPads, iPods and iPhones, the mobile app has been optimized for all internet-enabled mobile devices, including Android and Windows-based smartphones.

“Technology evolves so fast, and we didn’t want to build an app that only worked for some of our customers, or was out-of-date as soon as it was downloaded,” said Mary Martinez, maintenance channel manager for Horizon Distributors. “As a mobile app, our landscape customers will have real-time access to the most up-to-date information each and every time they use our Landscape Maintenance Guide.”

To celebrate the launch of the Landscape Maintenance Guide mobile app Horizon is entering all landscape contractors who download it into a drawing for a chance to win an Apple iPad 2®.

“The Landscape Maintenance Guide is a great tool for lawn care operators who are new to the business, as well as a helpful refresher for seasoned professionals,” said Stephens. “The Landscape Maintenance Guide, along with our full suite of Business Builder tools and programs, is part of Horizon’s continuing commitment to help our customers grow their businesses.”

For more information about Horizon’s Landscape Maintenance Guide mobile app, or to download the mobile app and enter to win an Apple iPad 2®, please visit www.horizononline.com/landscape_guide.

About Horizon Distributors Inc.
Horizon Distributors Inc. is a professional distributor that sells a variety of products and services to the green industry professional with more than 55 Horizon Sales Centers in the Western United States, Texas and Florida. Horizon offers customers the industry’s widest choice of irrigation, landscape, specialty and power equipment products, including top quality brand names like Rain Bird, Hunter & Lasco, along with a full suite of Business Builder programs and tools designed to help our customers grow their business. For more information, please visit www.horizononline.com.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i think yall need to clarify one thing, this isn't an "app" I signed up and all it gives me in a webaddress to http://landscapemaintenanceguide.com/ while the information is good I was hoping for an actual app that would be saved to my (more so my crewleaders' ipads/ipod)

good reference info though, just not a true app.