Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Paypal

Does anyone here do credit cards via Paypal out in the field? I was thinking about doing that this year since i now do not do a CC. ANyone tried or do this and want to comment?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use it once in a while..you just have to set up a merchant account...I know some people have a link on their site for customers to pay through...this winter I am going to except cc with the square of paypal...they have an app for iphones and I think other smart phones
Old 10-24-2011, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a square but use the mobile terminal I got through my bank instead. The bank was 1/4 % higher than square but they did not hold any of the funds as aquare's policy was to hold funds over 1,000 to protect against fraud. i got an email saying they are no longer holding funds and are releasing them to your account within 24 hours, so I will probably be switching to square now
Old 10-25-2011, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

we have done paypal for several years and probably 2 or 3 folks use it per year. I am carrying around an iphone credit card reader and I set up a merchant account for October, November and December to see how many folks use their card. I also put the credit card logos on my proposal forms, so I will report back on how much this cost and if I felt it closed any jobs.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Member

We use paypal and probabley have around 15 customers use it a season. The only problem is all behind the scene entry that I put in so that the customer can select their amount to pay, and not know what there neighbor is paying.

Elves and Company - Holiday Decorating
Old 10-25-2011, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know about holiday lighting but with my existing services I get alot of larger sales for irrigation and landscape lighting where the client either pays in full by credit card or parcial check and parcial card. If the customer has a low interest card it's a easy way for them to finance a larger install