Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: 2/2/11: What Brand Mower Do You Prefer Best?
Ariens 2 0.50%
Bad Boy 8 2.01%
Bob Cat 9 2.26%
Cub Cadet Commercial 5 1.26%
Dixie Chopper 14 3.52%
Dixon 3 0.75%
Exmark 88 22.11%
Ferris 23 5.78%
Grasshopper 15 3.77%
Gravely 17 4.27%
Hustler 37 9.30%
Husqvarna 5 1.26%
John Deere 29 7.29%
Kubota 15 3.77%
Massey Ferguson 1 0.25%
Scag 58 14.57%
Snapper Pro 6 1.51%
Toro 31 7.79%
Yazoo Kees 1 0.25%
OTHER 31 7.79%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2011, 05:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

2/2/11: Most Popular Zero Turn Mower On the Market

Ok, as we start the new year, let's see what the most popular zero turn is (at least by the people here on Lawnsite) out there on the market today.

List the mower you currently own, OR the brand you like best, but most important BE HONEST.

If you own more than 1 brand, choose the one you like best!

You're encouraged to list the pros, cons, and troubles (as well as the solution) you've had with the mower you voted for. Also, if you've had any troubles/problems, Was it covered under warranty? How did the dealer/manufacturer treat you?

Did you use the computer and/or internet to help solve your problem?

Anything you wish to say about your experience with the mower/dealer/manufacturer feel free to post!

Please list the year, make, model, AND HOURS of the mower if you choose to discuss it.

Do the best you can with the options I've chosen. I'm sure I missed some, and I apologize, but there's only 20 poll options allowed. You can just click "Other" and post about your mower if you like.

Let's let this thread be fun and friendly, but most important, informative and interesting to read.

Happy Posting, and God Bless!

***IMPORTANT!******THIS IS A THREAD/POLL THAT I STARTED AND I'M NOT INTENDING FOR IT TO GET BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. THIS IS NOT A "MY BRAND IS BETTER THAN YOUR BRAND" DEBATE. PLEASE, LET'S ALL HAVE RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER. IF YOU CAN'T KEEP IT FRIENDLY, OR HAVE TROUBLE GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS THEN I KINDLY ASK YOU DO NOT POST.******
'09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31 hp Kawasaki, Echo SRM-210 trimmer, Redmax HBZ 2601 blower, '98 Massey Ferguson 231 utility tractor, 5' Bush Hog 285 rotary cutter, 5.5' King Kutter box blade, 6.5' United disc harrow, United middle buster, Dearborn single row cultivator, single row HD row hippers, Bark Buster pto log splitter, log skidding "tongs", 6' Fred Cain landscape rake, LMC boom pole, drawbar, '09 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 FPE, '04 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
Old 02-02-2011, 06:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I'll start it off.
My vote goes to Hustler. I owned another very popular brand, (and have ran several different makes and models) but wasn't satisfied with it at all, so I purchased a new Super Z back in August of 2009. It has the 60" XR-7 deck with a 31 hp Kawasaki engine. I haven't put but only 70 hours on it so far, but I couldn't be anymore pleased with the machine.
It came a good rain one time when I was trying to finish up a yard and the deck got completely stopped up with grass clippings. I had to dig it out by hand a couple times. I didn't like the idea of the deck getting clogged like that but it's really no big deal to me.
I had a problem at around 18 hours that liked to have gave me a fit but all it was, was a stopped up fuel filter. Dealer said it was ethanol and water that caused the filter to go bad. But it's fixed now and was covered under warranty.
I believe I have the Best dealer out there for Hustler. He backs his customers 100%. I know him personally, because I help him sometimes (he's only about 2 miles from me).
I know there's quite a few brands out there that makes really good ZTR mowers and products. But from all the information I've read and people I've talked to, I truly feel that Hustler has the best Customer Service there is out there. Period.
As it stands now, I won't buy another brand.

I know that we are only allowed to vote for 1 mower brand. BUT... If I had to choose a 2nd brand out of all the ones listed, it would be Bob-Cat no questions asked.

Ok, Who's next to post?
'09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31 hp Kawasaki, Echo SRM-210 trimmer, Redmax HBZ 2601 blower, '98 Massey Ferguson 231 utility tractor, 5' Bush Hog 285 rotary cutter, 5.5' King Kutter box blade, 6.5' United disc harrow, United middle buster, Dearborn single row cultivator, single row HD row hippers, Bark Buster pto log splitter, log skidding "tongs", 6' Fred Cain landscape rake, LMC boom pole, drawbar, '09 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 FPE, '04 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
Old 02-02-2011, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Member

They all offer something but I do like my exmarks and wrights. Everyone one I have used lasted over 1000hrs and longer with hardly any problems.
It'll be unfair of me to give a recommendation of something that hasn't been put through a lot of work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nobody wants to post? Come on guys, no need to be afraid! If you truly like the mower you voted for, you should have nothing to hide. Let us hear from ya'!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I like our exmarks. Running 6 Z, 6 metro's, 3 WB units. I have been all toro but toro dealer lost his toro equipment and i went shopping for new dealer.

I have kubota, grasshopper, woods, craftsman, deere all in town but I have had kubota and deere. Kubota would consider. Deere no way. I like dealer support local but to get the machines, the quality, the durability - I went exmark. I have two TORO WAMS but that is it for toro equipment.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bump to the top...
Old 02-12-2011, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love my john Deere 757 z trak. Got almost 2400 hours, still runs great! Plus there's so many dealerships to get parts from. Nothing cuts better than a 7 iron deck, j.m.o.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts lawn care View Post
I love my john Deere 757 z trak. Got almost 2400 hours, still runs great! Plus there's so many dealerships to get parts from. Nothing cuts better than a 7 iron deck, j.m.o.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's a great mower. Own one myself with 1500 hours still going good.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Member

kubota 323 only way to go!!!!! kubota
Old 02-15-2011, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Well we have two walkers and two gravelys. The walkers of course cut with the best but are maintenance nightmares. The gravelys are well built and I am very happy with them. I believe all the mowers these days are well built. Some have different comfort features but they all are good mowers.