Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2011, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
Operate out of the back of your truck instead of getting a trailer for a 21" mower. Wait until you get more money and bigger properties, then get the trailer. You will then need it for a zt.
I totally agree I used to put my walk behind and my 21" in truck bed and saved me on fuel also.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

The website could use some work, needs some major spelling/grammar corrections for starters. Some pictures might help as well.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIXIECONTRACTING View Post
I totally agree I used to put my walk behind and my 21" in truck bed and saved me on fuel also.
I save lots of fuel not hauling around a trailer, these are some of the most efficient set-ups!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Sponsor

You might want to also consider a solid software program to manage your business. There are a few options out there, but at Jobber we're pretty dedicated to doing whatever we can to help our users succeed. Take the software for a spin www.getjobber.com and let me know what you think! Staying organized and efficient can be the difference between being successful or not - Jobber can help!

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 11-05-2011, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Working out of the truck is probably a good idea It may be a little of a pain during clean up's on yards where i have to haul off the bag's but probably not to bad

I did go through my site and hopefully fixed the errors as far as picture's i do plan on adding them in the spring once i have yard's to take picture's of i just want it to be pictures of my work
Old 11-05-2011, 03:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

@akjohn - I agree, skip the trailer for now, build your ramps, get a good blower and a good trimmer to skimp - I am not sure on the mower a lot of guys like the honda, its still a home owners rig and I rarely see them on anybodys trailer. around here I ran around behind a 21 ferris I bought it cause it was a high vac machine - although it is a commercial mower and has great power the decking is light, too light. I guess bottom line is buy what can be supported locally. When you are jammed up and something goes you need your dealer to be there to support, I worked out of the back of my truck usiing the ramps made out of 2 x8 with the aluminum ends for my first 4 years. I added angle iron braces when I bought my ferris 36 its a little squirrely, but it works I am about to order an enclosed trailer. I use quickbooks for my billing I subscribed rather than buy the software out right - I have been using in for abou 20 years all together I bought and have been using the 2004 version until this year. You can print to mail invoices or send them via email, you can also add their credit card services, of all the subscriptions I found it to be the least expensive.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkJohn View Post
Anyone have any advice on accepting credit cards?

Don't.

I see no need to worry about that just starting up.

Then again I only get 1 maybe 2 requests per year for accepting CCs.
That IS NOT enough to justify the expense.
Pay me cash or check. If you write a bad check I have a collection agency that will make a bad habit out of you.

Unless you see the company you work for swiping a lot of times I wouldn't worry about it until you get asked for it.
Its extra expense you don't need right now.