Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM
shade tree landscaping shade tree landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Monmouth County, N.J.
Posts: 915
i know this is an older hgtread but Techo-Bloc has a sq ft messuraing in their app. You need to walk it but is effective and does odd sizes too.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-03-2012, 12:43 PM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 3,207
wonder if there is an app that will measure out the property as you walk? I worked for an ag company early on and we measured fields for soil sampling with a gps unit. I like to meet with the clients and discuss their options and upsells.
__________________
GrassMasters, LLC
Wilson, NC
www.grassmasterswilson.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
phillie's Avatar
phillie phillie is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: indianapolis, in
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by shade tree landscaping View Post
i know this is an older hgtread but Techo-Bloc has a sq ft messuraing in their app. You need to walk it but is effective and does odd sizes too.
Here Wilson^^^..I think I would use that to if I needed to meet a customer on the lawn. If I can do it over the phone I'll continue to use measure map. Check it out Shade tree, it's pretty nice.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
mckservices mckservices is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Milford/Howell/Novi Michigan
Posts: 15
We use Google earth pro on a desktop witch is nice because you can save photos with the measurements in hi-res. We file them for future bidding & to present to the customer with the proposal.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-29-2012, 11:17 PM
phillie's Avatar
phillie phillie is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: indianapolis, in
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckservices View Post
We use Google earth pro on a desktop witch is nice because you can save photos with the measurements in hi-res. We file them for future bidding & to present to the customer with the proposal.
You can do this with the measure map app for Iphone. The app costs $2 and google pro costs $400/year?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
GW Andy GW Andy is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 44
Hey if you want to measure on a computer check out Free Map Tools. http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm#content
You can get real accurate if you use full screen and don't show the markers. It's easy to move your points after they are placed. I just make a big continuous loop around the outside of the yard and then back around the house and drive to subtract it and end up bake where you started. Just as easy as I Go lawn and it's free.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 AM
TriCityLawnCareLLC's Avatar
TriCityLawnCareLLC TriCityLawnCareLLC is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 976
Just downloaded the imap app. It's great!! I'm at home testing on wifi, so i hope it works jsut a good on the 3g network. But this will definitely save time and gas!! Thanks Guys
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-25-2012, 01:44 AM
MaddogsEdge MaddogsEdge is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SE VA
Posts: 1
Check this website out. It uses Google Maps data.

http://www.acme.com/planimeter/
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Snapper Jack Snapper Jack is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: weaverville, NC
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Andy View Post
Hey if you want to measure on a computer check out Free Map Tools. http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm#content
You can get real accurate if you use full screen and don't show the markers. It's easy to move your points after they are placed. I just make a big continuous loop around the outside of the yard and then back around the house and drive to subtract it and end up bake where you started. Just as easy as I Go lawn and it's free.
Just down loaded it,modern technology at best,just zoomed in on my house. Just need to take the time to figure it out. Thanks for sharing the links.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Jack View Post
Just down loaded it,modern technology at best,just zoomed in on my house. Just need to take the time to figure it out. Thanks for sharing the links.
I fail to see how this would help give you a accurate measurement down here.. I did my property which came up to .170 acres or 7405 square feet. This is the lot size but not the the turf size. The turf size is actually 3450 square foot being generous.
This would mean if I was to bid my property using only this site my price would be twice as high as my price if I were to properly measure of use tools that give more exact details like goilawn
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.08452 seconds with 7 queries