Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i know this is an older hgtread but Techo-Bloc has a sq ft messuraing in their app. You need to walk it but is effective and does odd sizes too.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

wonder if there is an app that will measure out the property as you walk? I worked for an ag company early on and we measured fields for soil sampling with a gps unit. I like to meet with the clients and discuss their options and upsells.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shade tree landscaping View Post
i know this is an older hgtread but Techo-Bloc has a sq ft messuraing in their app. You need to walk it but is effective and does odd sizes too.
Here Wilson^^^..I think I would use that to if I needed to meet a customer on the lawn. If I can do it over the phone I'll continue to use measure map. Check it out Shade tree, it's pretty nice.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

We use Google earth pro on a desktop witch is nice because you can save photos with the measurements in hi-res. We file them for future bidding & to present to the customer with the proposal.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckservices View Post
We use Google earth pro on a desktop witch is nice because you can save photos with the measurements in hi-res. We file them for future bidding & to present to the customer with the proposal.
You can do this with the measure map app for Iphone. The app costs $2 and google pro costs $400/year?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey if you want to measure on a computer check out Free Map Tools. http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm#content
You can get real accurate if you use full screen and don't show the markers. It's easy to move your points after they are placed. I just make a big continuous loop around the outside of the yard and then back around the house and drive to subtract it and end up bake where you started. Just as easy as I Go lawn and it's free.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just downloaded the imap app. It's great!! I'm at home testing on wifi, so i hope it works jsut a good on the 3g network. But this will definitely save time and gas!! Thanks Guys
Old 03-25-2012, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Check this website out. It uses Google Maps data.

http://www.acme.com/planimeter/
Old 03-25-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Andy View Post
Hey if you want to measure on a computer check out Free Map Tools. http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm#content
You can get real accurate if you use full screen and don't show the markers. It's easy to move your points after they are placed. I just make a big continuous loop around the outside of the yard and then back around the house and drive to subtract it and end up bake where you started. Just as easy as I Go lawn and it's free.
Just down loaded it,modern technology at best,just zoomed in on my house. Just need to take the time to figure it out. Thanks for sharing the links.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Jack View Post
Just down loaded it,modern technology at best,just zoomed in on my house. Just need to take the time to figure it out. Thanks for sharing the links.
I fail to see how this would help give you a accurate measurement down here.. I did my property which came up to .170 acres or 7405 square feet. This is the lot size but not the the turf size. The turf size is actually 3450 square foot being generous.
This would mean if I was to bid my property using only this site my price would be twice as high as my price if I were to properly measure of use tools that give more exact details like goilawn

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!